Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

I have recently taken delivery of a genuine 28,000 mile Sprint. It has a complete toll roll, posted here separately, and the optional rear seat, also posted separately. It came with an amazingly detailed detailed history, including all books and purchase documentation that occupies two full ring binders. Rather than rewrite the history, I've re-produced here what was written when the car was offered for sale, ignore the slight puffery, the documents verify what is written.

Preservation is the plan. I have the original Fergat wheels, I'll use the alloys for now. We're going to replace the sprigs and shocks, it sags 30mm when you sit in it! Classic Alfa sell a kit which doesn't alter the ride height. Sump has been cleaned and we've changed all fluids. We've ordered new ventilation trunking and water hoses. We'll put new foam in the seats and enjoy it.

Cheers
John

Attachments

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Very nice, I see one confirmation of a nice period detail ......... brown leather strap for jack.

What is the "thing" on the firewall next to the brake reservoir?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
It's really beautiful, but there are some on this site that will say
"but it's red, it would be much better painted XYZ"

What did that guy say many years ago:

"You can please some of the people sometime but
you can not please all of the people all of the time."...😏

Pay no attention...

·
Registered
1957 Giulietta Spider, 1984 GTV6,
167 Posts
Super cool.
Thanks for posting the pics. They will help people for sure.the more detailed the better.
I love survivors!

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
I own a 1961 Sprint Veloce which was given to me in 1968 by my father who purchased it in October, 1961. The identification plates are bolted to the body just like a 750 Sprint. I have restored a 1957 Sprint and working on a 1958 Sprint and your car looks just same as the two 750 Sprints.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Carl. I'll come back to you on the small bracket, car isn't at home at present.

Two things I need help with. My car is Chassis no 20868. According to Fusi, who is a bit unreliable, the car is a 59, despite the fact that it was first registered in October 1961. It has the early aeroplane number late light. I think it was built in 1960, any thoughts?

This leads to the second question, I haven't ordered a history sheet since the Marco Falzio days. How do you do it now?

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
I looked at Fusi's numbers and your car is a 1959 101 Sprint. I know that you write to Alfa Romeo at [email protected] and request information about your car. I had a friend write to them and they furnished model type, production date, sold date, color and interior color but, they did not give engine number or original owner information.

I had someone write to Fusi more than forty years ago and gave information including motor number and original owner of my father's Sprint Veloce. The car was purchased by an American who took delivery in Switzerland and then imported the car to Los Angeles, CA. The 101 cars do not have identification plates like the 750 cars which include VIN numbers and engine numbers.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Carl. I'll come back to you on the small bracket, car isn't at home at present.

Two things I need help with. My car is Chassis no 20868. According to Fusi, who is a bit unreliable, the car is a 59, despite the fact that it was first registered in October 1961. It has the early aeroplane number late light. I think it was built in 1960, any thoughts?

This leads to the second question, I haven't ordered a history sheet since the Marco Falzio days. How do you do it now?
At the time it was not unusual for cars to be shipped in "boat loads", then sit for 1-2 years before they were sold.
My 1958/08/06 is titled in USA as 1960. My other Sprint ... 1493.21091 was built 1959/11/21

1 - 11 of 11 Posts