Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The water pump on my 63 spider is starting to make funny noises, it's not leaking water yet but I'm afraid it could start any time.

I have tried to get replacement parts from OK in Germany and from RE Originals, with no results.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, I guess the shaft and the impeller could be manufactured or machined, but I have no idea what to do about the seal and the bearing.

Thanks

·
Registered
9,478 Posts
Finding a waterpump or even an impeller is rather problematic.

I heard the German 2000/2600 club figured out how to modify something like a BMW 528 waterpump to fit the 2600 but I have no information about what exactly they used or did.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Water Pump

Heinbrand (http://heinbrand.com/) appear to list the seal and bearing for the 2600 water pump. I have no idea if they have them in stock, but I have had good luck with them in the past with parts for my 102.

George

·
Registered
435 Posts
HI, OK PARTS LISTS THE BERING AND SEAL AS PART NUMBER AR 10 029 212 HOWEVER ITS PRETTRY PRICEY AT 236 EUROS. LAST YEAR I SECURED A COUPLE OF KITS . i WILL PART WITH ONE FOR THE SAME PRICE I PAID FOR IT TH SEAL I BELEIVE IS THE SAME AS A 105 SERIES SEAL BUT THE SHAFT BEARING IS UNIQUE TO THE 2600 THERE IS OLS A FELLOW THAT ADVERISES EVERY MONTH IN HEMMINGS IN THE ALFA ROMEO PARTS CATAGORY SCTION THAT REBUILDS THEM

MIKE V

·
Registered
2 Posts
haeckner in germany www.haeckner.com
You have to send them your old waterpump, as soon as they receive it they send a rebuilt waterpump
I had mine done a few years ago with good result

Goodluck W. Reintjes

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, even though that would leave you with no car for a couple of months I guess, it would be worth it once the pump is fully gone.

Henry

·
Registered
435 Posts
Hi Guys, Here Are The Shots Of The Two Kits I Have .they Are Slightly Different But The Overall Lenght Of The Shaft Is The Same And The Impeller Is The Same Size If You Have A Shop Manual It Gives Instructions And The Clearances Of The Impeller To The Water Pump Body. The Old Impeller Can Be Reused But You Need To Be Very Careful In Removing It.
Alfamichele

Attachments

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mike, I sent you a PM regarding your offer to part with one of your kits, but haven't heard back from. I'm quite interested in one of them. Email me if it's easier for you.
Thanks
Henry
[email protected]

·
Registered
300 Posts
2600 water pump seal

I am new to this forum, so am not sure if this is the correct place to post this information, but the water pump seal for our cars is the same as John Deere part number R32622. I bought one about three years ago for about US$6.00.
Larry

·
Registered
9,478 Posts
I am new to this forum, so am not sure if this is the correct place to post this information, but the water pump seal for our cars is the same as John Deere part number R32622. I bought one about three years ago for about US$6.00.
Larry
Welcome to AlfaBB, Larry!
I'd say you found the perfect place to post this information.
Thank you for the hint.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Larry
Glad to hear that, by the way a 105 water pump seal will work fine ,they are the same.

mike v

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hi all,

I have a confession to make - I just broke a perfectly good water pump impeller #%!!*#

So now I'm looking...

I like the look of the one on the photo on this post that has the brass sleeve.

Also looking for replacement bearing(s) and seal (am going to try the John Deere option for the seal).

Double #%!!*#

John

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hi all,

I wondered if anyone has additional info on the use of BMW 528 water pump parts to repair our 2600 water pumps?

Year? Part number? What's involved?

John

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi John,

I'm not sure about the BMW compatibility, but I was able to find a one-piece bearing and seal years ago at a local bearing shop (which has since closed). If I remember correctly, I had to cut the shaft to length. As you live in Los Angeles, you may want to try Allied Bearing (8962 Ellis Av., Culver City (Near Venice and National). I've had really good luck matching strange old bearings there. I'd recommend taking your parts in and seeing if he can match them with something. I'd call first as he has strange hours. Unfortunately, I don't have a recommendation for an impeller, if you need one.

Barry

·
Registered
277 Posts
Thanks Barry, I will try Allied.

I am having leaking issues with my water pump, so when I pull it I am hoping to upgrade to a more modern seal.

Anyone else have any info on alternate internals?

John

·
Registered
277 Posts
I am updating this thread with a recommendation for water pump repair:

Tony at Flying Dutchman Water Pumps in Oregon rebuilt my pump (new shaft, bearings, seal and updated impeller) for around $200.

Flying Dutchman Water Pumps
Tony Coenradi,
200 Davis Creek Road,
Selma,
OR 97538
USA

In the U.S. and Canada, call toll free 1(888)595-1110
Outside the U.S., call 1(541)597-4057

Flying Dutchman Remanufactured Rebuilt Water Pumps Import

FYI: I am not connected with this vendor.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts