Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Forced to let go of this 1963 Alfa Romeo 2600 touring spider. Chassy # AR191120
Originally from Arizona, which explains why it is so rust free.
Great trunk, floors, rockers, sills etc.........
Found a note in the glove box which read that brake system was rebuilt and new piston rings installed, but there was no date on this paper. Also found the Arizona registration.
Stored inside since 1985 before I found it.
Comes with touring metal hard top and all the chrome trims present and soft top frame as well. There is oil in the engine but as precaution I also filled cylinders with mystery marvel oil.
About to close on a house and had unexpected surprise that I'll have to have more cash in account, thus the opportunity for someone to take over.
Contact me via PM or email me directly.
Will give AlfaBB members first crack at it but it will be going to ebay within 24hrs. price $20,000
P.S. I don't know how to upload pictures here.......anybody can help?
Otherwise respond with your email and I'll send you pictures!
CAR LOCATED IN OLANDO, FL

Attachments

·
Registered
9,455 Posts
Post #4 in this thread should help for uploading pictures.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i totally agree with you ohiospider1975
to be honest with you i really didn't want to sell it, even if someboby came up with full price............i would find a way to not sell.
i knew i had to sell something but decided to let go of a 2600 spider hard top, a running 2600 spider engine and a 1960 giulietta sprint unfinished race car with a killer 170hp engine. currently listed on ebay. if anybody wants to see these items on ebay just seller name is alfaholatra..........might list my 59 giulietta sprint veloce by this coming sunday, still debating weather I should do it or not. I'm trying to hold on to my rare cars.......

I'll however be listing an extremely rare 1962 Lancia Appia Zagato, alloy body this Sunday.
too expensive for me to keep at this time. It is 1 of only 200 cars made.
Thank you for keeping me in check with my crazy prices though.........lol.........

·
Push hard and live
9,859 Posts
I suspect those claiming 20k for your spider is aggressive are ones that hope you will sell it to them at that price. A rusty but restorable 2000 or 2600 can easily bring 15k. A running car with all the pieces and no rust is clearly worth 20k, assuming anyone in this economy is feeling even slightly optimistic about the future.

I've got my hands full with my current projects, or your Lancia and 2600 would be tempting.

Good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts