Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would appreciate some advice on how to remove the dashboard direction indicator lights as shown in the photos. Do they come out from the front or is it more complicated? As you can see mine need major refurbishment. Is their a replacement source for these items that anyone knows of?

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Access

The easiest way to change these lights and do any work on the 2600 sprint dashboard is to remove the dash top .

The lamps have threaded studs which have small nuts on the back , so this is the only realistic access especially if they are rusted ,which they will be after 50 years,

As std advice , get a copy of the cardisc CD for the 2600 , this will show you where the fixing points are for the dash top. Seacrh cardisc on ebay.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2600 Sprint Direction Indicator lights

Thanks Redmerlin, based on earlier advice from you I have ordered the car disc and will tackle this job when it arrives.

Has anyone tackled the restoration of these little lights? The lenses seem to be cracked rather badly so i am worried I will not be able to repair. I have looked through the suppliers and have not found a source for replacements yet.

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
Paul,

Try hunting down someone with a really bad early Alfasud instrument binnacle, as I strongly suspect that the little pieces of semi-translucent green and red plastic contained within them could be cut down to fit your 2600 indicator lights. I do have some of these, having taken apart one of these binnacles to restore a few years ago, only to find that there was a major problem which made further work pointless. If I come across the bits again, I'll pop them in a padded envelope, but you probably ought to look closer to home first. Rechroming the visible part of the indicator ought to be all that's needed.

Alternatively, find some thin frosted perspex and apply a translucent paint.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts