Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very nice 1962 Alfa Romeo 2600 Sprint, designed by Bertone. An early example of these fine cars, built with many handmade parts. Valid Norwegian MOT until October 2018
and registration for historic vehicles.

The car is completly restored, finished in beautiful bordeaux with newly rebuilt engine, upgraded with three Dellorto carbs.

The body is rust-free, the engine runs very nicely, clutch, gearbox, brakes, hydralics, etc all rebuilt.

The all leather interior is restored and the chromework is remade.
Speedo & rev meeter rebuilt with new cables.

The Alfa Romeo 2600 (Tipo 106) was Alfa Romeo's six-cylinder flagship produced in just 7000 examples from 1962 to 1968.
As the successor to the Alfa 102 series it was the first launched design by Giorgetto Giugiaro. It has become historically significant as the last Alfa Romeo
fitted with an inline six-cylinder engine. The inline six was the traditional Alfa Romeo engine configuration since the 1920s,
but gave way to four-cylinder engines as the factory oriented its production towards more economical mass-produced models starting in the fifties.
The sucsessor, the 105 series Giulia is a downscaled version of this car.

The 2600 was introduced at the 1962 Geneva Motor Show as a Berlina, a Spider (by Touring), and a coupé (Sprint) by Bertone.
The limited edition 2600 SZ (Sprint Zagato) and the very limited-edition 2600 De Luxe with five-window sedan bodywork by OSI (Officine Stampaggi Industriali)
were introduced in 1965 at Frankfurt motor Show. The Berlina, Spider and Sprint were based on the corresponding models in the 2000 range (102),
and all three inherited the body styling of their predecessors with minor facelifts. The 2600 range was replaced at the top of the Alfa range by the 1750 models in 1968.

Specifications

Bodywork
Length: 458 cm
Width: 170 cm
Height: 138 cm
Wheelbase: 258 cm
Weight: 1350 kg

Mechanics:

Inline all aluminum DOHC 6, 2584 cc.

Fuel system: 3x2 Dellorto carbs fed by an electric fuel pump.

Drivetrain: 5-speed manual gearbox and rear wheel drive.
Front discs, rear drums, preumatic brake servo.

Modern electronic ignition system.
Electric windows.

More pictures can be sent by request.

29 000€

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
That is a fantastic car. Love he fact you manage to get 2600 as registration number in a country where private registration does not really exist... I managed to get 007 on my Esprit when I lived in Norway...

Sent from my Lenovo TB3-850F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Friedel

There is actually some (limitied) freedom of choice of reg# for vintage cars. This # was still free.

Thanks

·
Registered
816 Posts
What a beautiful example, and especially nice to see one that is new to the market.
A bit of design trivia; this was the first car to go into mass production designed by a very young man named Giorgio Giugiaro.

Are photos of the interior and engine, and underside available? Does the steering box give any 'knocks' when turning it? Where in Norway is this beauty located?

In case anyone is even remotely tempted, I suggest not missing this opportunity. The rise in values the past 5 years has brought more to the market than in the previous 10 years combined. The Dellorto conversion is an excellent upgrade too.

I almost don't even want to point out how reasonable the asking price for this one is. This is only about US$33,000. There are examples out there asking for double. And examples needing full restoration are around $10-12,000.

If the seller can hold it for me, I'll be arriving OSL at 10:00am on Tuesday July 25th. I will cancel my Hertz rental, hand over a suitcase of cash, and blissfully drive my kids and myself in this gorgeous machine 14 hours to Brønnøysund for this year's family vacation....

I sincerely wish I had the capacity to buy this. It fits my needs on so many levels, and it's already in Norway, no need to import it. I must think very hard.
- Art

PS - Do the fantastic alloy rims come with the sale as well as the original steelies?

·
Push hard and live
8,929 Posts
What a beautiful example, and especially nice to see one that is new to the market.
A bit of design trivia; this was the first car to go into mass production designed by a very young man named Giorgio Giugiaro.

Are photos of the interior and engine, and underside available? Does the steering box give any 'knocks' when turning it? Where in Norway is this beauty located?

In case anyone is even remotely tempted, I suggest not missing this opportunity. The rise in values the past 5 years has brought more to the market than in the previous 10 years combined. The Dellorto conversion is an excellent upgrade too.

I almost don't even want to point out how reasonable the asking price for this one is. This is only about US$33,000. There are examples out there asking for double. And examples needing full restoration are around $10-12,000.

If the seller can hold it for me, I'll be arriving OSL at 10:00am on Tuesday July 25th. I will cancel my Hertz rental, hand over a suitcase of cash, and blissfully drive my kids and myself in this gorgeous machine 14 hours to Brønnøysund for this year's family vacation....

I sincerely wish I had the capacity to buy this. It fits my needs on so many levels, and it's already in Norway, no need to import it. I must think very hard.
- Art

PS - Do the fantastic alloy rims come with the sale as well as the original steelies?

Well..... minor point, but it was the type 102 Sprint that was Giugiaro's first work for Bertone. But I understand the confusion.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Satisfaction,

Yes, I've got more pics, but there was very limitied space in the advert.
No, the steeringbox is smoth as silk.
I live 15 miles from Bergen on the west coast.
Yes, the alloys and five original steel rims (with new hubcabs) are included.

Attachments

·
Registered
816 Posts
Takk for bildene, og Hurra for 17ende Mai, sier jeg da.
Den ser jo helt fenomenal ut, og his du attpåtil kjører den så godt som bildene tilsier, er det bare et stort pluss. Slike biler lider enormt av å bare stå i en garasje. Huffameg, den er fristende. Har bilen en "kjent" eier-historie, når den kom til Norge, osv?

Thanks for the pictures,
It looks phenomenal, and if you drive it as well as the photos would indicate, that's just a plus. These do best when driven regularly and not just left in a garage.. Very tempting. Does it have a 'known' owner-history from its importation to Norway, etc?

Takk, thank you,
- Art

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Art,

The car lives it's life in the UK and was imported to Norway by the man I bought it from. I restored it and had it registered here 2003.
Yes, it drives very well. I hpoe you may come by and have a spin.

Talk to you later / Erik

·
Registered
816 Posts
Hi Art,

The car lives it's life in the UK and was imported to Norway by the man I bought it from. I restored it and had it registered here 2003.
Yes, it drives very well. I hpoe you may come by and have a spin.

Talk to you later / Erik
Tusen takk for invitasjonen, thanks for the invite Erik,
I also found you ad on Finn.no with a few more photos of this fantastic car.
Mvh,
- Art

·
Premium Member
15,431 Posts
A beauty. Thought abut buying one of these many years ago when they were pretty affordable, relatively speaking. Ended up with it's baby brother, a Giulia Sprint GT. Almost glad it's not here to drool over.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Yes Erik, I do. I'll pm my email again and if you'd please send as much info as possible, specs, history and photos, that can get us started.
Looking forward.
B

·
Registered
15 Posts
Beautiful car. I'm currently restoring one and need all the help and advice I can get on how and from where to source parts?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts