Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
I’ve recently imported a 1964 spider from the States that’s missing the top and bottom windscreen frame rails and the chromed air intake grille in front of the screen. Can anyone help please?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Hi everyone
I’ve recently imported a 1964 spider from the States that’s missing the top and bottom windscreen frame rails and the chromed air intake grille in front of the screen. Can anyone help please?
Thanks
Richard I have a full screen frame with lower and upper pieces . Where have you imported it to. UK?

The piece in front of the screen is painted ( if you are talking about a 2600 spider)

rgds

Ian

·
Registered
9,259 Posts
The piece in front of the screen is painted ( if you are talking about a 2600 spider)
Actually there is a chrome grille on top of the painted piece. The painted piece is fitted to the body (and stamped with the Touring job or scocca number), while the chrome trim seems to be the same for all cars. Strangely, neither of them are shown in the parts catalog. Below is a picture of the chrome trim pieces before I sent them to the chromer.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Actually there is a chrome grille on top of the painted piece. The painted piece is fitted to the body (and stamped with the Touring job or scocca number), while the chrome trim seems to be the same for all cars. Strangely, neither of them are shown in the parts catalog. Below is a picture of the chrome trim pieces before I sent them to the chromer.
Reudi Is of course correct . Owned my car for 12 years and never noticed!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fantastic, thank you both. Yes, I imported the car into Southampton recently and have it in Somerset now. It has the windscreen side uprights but bizarrely not the upper or lower parts or any rubber- nor of course the windscreen glass itself! With regards to the grille, I’m missing both the chrome grille and the painted pressed steel plate that it sits in. I didn’t realize that it was made of so many separate pieces- thank you for showing the photo, Reudi.

Ian, what is the protocol here- should I post my email address or tel no so we can get in touch?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Richard I will send you a PM with my contact deatils . All the rubber parts are available from Cicognale see parts supplier list first post on this message board,, Heinbarnd and OKP will also supply at similar prices , I recommend both as excellent suppliers.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Richard

I can't see where to post PMs on this new website - can anyone advise?

I am the 2600 section contact in the UK for AROC - please send me an email with contacts to [email protected].

Good to see one more of the 103 RHD 2600 spiders has re-appeared can you let me know the chassis number and maybe post a picture.

Chasssis number will be stamped in the engine bay bulkhead below the windscreen

They were chassis number 852001 to 852102

I have 852087

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you Ian and Deus-AR from Hein Brand. I have sent you a mail Ian. The car is left hand drive, originally Grigio biacca with red interior. The other obvious missing parts are front bumper and locks- no keys supplied with car Is it possible to obtain new lock barrels?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Ian- the mail I sent you had bounced back with ‘mailbox full’. My email is [email protected]

Richard
Richard - So you bought the Beverley Hills car club car - it looks simiilar to mine - I woulddn't take any paint off it incase of what lurks underneath!

I will send you a mail tonight - I have a couple of windscreens and some switches as well.

I also had a set of original red seats - I know whee they are but probably need recovering.

Bumpers are available new to Chrome or in stainless from Classic Alfa or Harringtons

rgds

Ian

1 - 14 of 14 Posts