Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to list on eBay the last complete set of remanufactured gauge English text inserts for the 2600 Spider/SZ., but wanted to see if anyone here wanted them first.

I have a few of the other inserts left, but this is the very last of the MPH/ English text speedo and tacho inserts, and the last complete set, and I don't envisage any more being made in the near future. If you are interested, please drop me a line on [email protected]

Best regards,

John

Attachments

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
Just a note on instruments for the 2600 SZ:

Gauges for the 2600 SZ were always metric, never imperial. Because of the rectangular headlights, which were not DOT approved, these cars could never be sold directly to the USA, nor were they ever made by the factory as RHD cars (the only RHD I know of being RHD was converted by an owner in Hong Kong and later sold to New Zealand).

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ruedi,

Thanks for the info, and sorry for anyone who has been in touch- my internet has been down (engineers working on it at present, but it seems to work).

What I meant was that these will fit the SZ. I know it is illegal in many countries to use a KPH speedometer when miles are used, and this could be transposed onto any 240kph speedo (although the centre bezel would be different).

In terms of the 220/240, I was under the impression all 2600 Spiders had a 240Kph speedo (except obviously those with MPH). The parts manual, owners manual and a few examples I have all seem to support this. Undoubtedly some did have a 220 Kph speedo, but I would assume this would be the usual 'parts bin' approach to vehicle construction. 220 Kph was surely for the 2000 102 series Spider?

Regards,

John

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
Earlier today, I deleted the 220/240 km/h reference I made in the post above (as I checked some pictures and saw 240 km/h speedos on Spiders as well). I'm pretty sure there was a difference when I had them side-by-side -- I thought it was the speed range but I'll need to double-check what it is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts