Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
does anybody know if any 2600 Spider was produced with 2-colours interior?
We found in the 852075 car (originally Grigio Grafite, and sold in London to Chipstead Motors ltd) this particular colour combination (only the seats, panels are lampblack), and it seems to be original, or at least very old.

Thank you in advance for any information.

Regards,
Luca
Italy

Attachments

· Registered
10,079 Posts
I'm not aware of any two-tone factory interior. The parts catalog lists the interior only as "leather" or "imitation leather" (where imitation leather really meant vinyl) without color options. While the color of the vinyl was normally black, this doesn't mean other colors or color combinations were not available as special order. Since the car is one of the very few RHD Spiders, it's quite possible there was a UK "bespoke" interior -- possibly supplied by a dealer or importer.

You may want to check this thread to see if the pleating is the same as factory seats, which may give you further indication about when and where yours were made.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much for the answer.
There are no slots between the center section and the cushions on the side, so I can assume that this particular interior was not produced by Alfa Romeo itself.

Is it possible that Chipstead Motors ltd supplied "bespoke" interiors? Does any English friend know if it is possible to contact someone related to this dealer?

Thanks again.

Luca

· Registered
1,584 Posts
Chipstead

I too have 2600 spider supplied by Chipstead. I have tried to research as far as possible and have found a muti-page sales brochure from Chipstead which includes the std alfa romeo one page sheets for 2600 sprint, 2600 spider etc . No mention of optional extras.

Chipstead still exist but as a modern car sales dealer.
You can find them with an internet search

Do you have a picture of the seat frames - this may not be a 2600 seat . Guilietta SS?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.