Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone, in the near future I will have to restore the hardtop of my early 1964 2600 spider (as well as the car itself, btw).

The lower/rear section of the hardtop, the one that adheres to the body, is completely corroded and I have no reference of the hooks welded to the hardtop (the ones that hook into the three chrome hooks close to the rear lid).

Is there anyone who has some detailed photos?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
9,738 Posts
Hi Francesco,
I hope someone can get you the detail pictures you need. In the meantime, you may find some pictures in this thread that give some (admittedly very limited) insights into how the hardtops were constructed.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
I have a Two-liter hardtop that may or may not have the same mounts as your 2600. The tops are definitely not interchangeable. There are seven mounting points on my hardtop, three across the back, one on each side and two on the windshield.

Rear three mounts.jpg

Right side mount with hole may require a hole in body for a threaded connector...
Side mount.jpg

Left side mount with hole may require a hole in body for a threaded connector...
side mt.jpg

Rear Center mount, tab goes in this opening...
Center Mount.jpg

rear side mounting tab on left is the same as the rear side mounting tab on right
IMAG1855.jpg

Right rear side mounting tab...
IMAG1852.jpg

Mark

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Hi . I believe the detail photos are correct , I have an early 2600 spider hard top and what is left of the fittings looks the same as the photos. Basically a tongue ( maybe sprung) that slides under the three chrome mounts on the rear deck.

Side mounts are definitely correct , I have still got those

rgds

Ian

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi, I have a 2600 hardtop. Tomorrow I’ll take some pictures. By the way, do you know a supplier for the rear glass?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts