Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know how to install a 2600 Spider dash. The parts book has three metal strips that hold down the front of the dash. I did not take the dash off the car and need to know how the dash attaches to the body.

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
These documents that Joe Wehrheim wrote about 20 years ago may help:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ruedi,

I thank you again for the dash and windshield information. I have also used your engine compartment photos to install various parts. I purchased the 2600 parts catalogs but, there is very little information about installing the dash. You have been a great help.

John W.

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
John, contemplating what you're about to do (assembling a car somebody else disassembled -- possibly with some new parts that need to be custom-fitted), I would suggest that you do yourself a favor and test-fit the front windshield before installing the dashboard. This will not only help you to figure out the windshield posts, windshield rubber seal segments, but also how the chrome strip at the lower lip needs tp be installed, and finally and possibly most importantly, how the chrome bolts go from the lower trim strip to the inside of the body -- and how they need to be shimmed and sealed from the inside (in my case, the original bolts were bent into curves, each one different than the other). Once that is figured out, install the dashboard and then the windshield (with black silicone or other sealant).

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ruedi,

I thank you for the advice and will fit the windshield posts and chrome strip and find the chrome bolt positions. I thank you for all of your help with this restoration. The 2600 has very little in common with other Alfas.

John W.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts