Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Can't get much for $500

I keep looking at the photo, marveling that someone has bid $500 already, and wonder if anyone else can pick out any usable pieces. Maybe someone needs a fender piece? Or the all crucial steering box? I can't believe anyone would hope to restore it. It does my heart good, however, to see that there is a market for almost everything on Ebay. I hope that was not an offensive statement to the seller. It does not seem that anyone has loved or cherished that car for some time. Perhaps a tow company cleaned off a vacant lot, found it, and thought someone might need a part? If someone buys it, does he have to take all of it?

·
Registered
9,556 Posts
This one is for sale in germany
asking price euro 8500,-- ................. WOW
This one is rather odd -- with a plate screwed over the actual chassis number.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Visors probably from no longer available hardtop

The "anatomy" of two liter or 2600 Touring spiders does not allow for visors to be attached at top of windshield. They are, however, in most hardtops. I suspect the car (or a different one, since it seems parts are there for more than just the one car in Franco's German 2600 pictures) might have originally been fitted with a hard top. Some interesting pieces, but "Wow" is right. 8,500 Euros is not cheap.

But even more interesting were the other cars on the German location showing used Alfa
Romeo cars for sale. There were two liter cars (one quite good, but for 52,000 Euros) and some two liter sprint cars, a 2600 coupe and several Montreals. Most interesting web site for used cars, all in German, and over a thousand Alfa cars. I suspect the website is for all of Europe, but in German.

·
Push hard and live
10,450 Posts
Ah, that explains everything. I gave a pair of visors to Henry in Mexico, as I was sure they didn't fit my 102. I forgot about the hard top that I might restore some day. I wonder if it has little holes along the front that match Henry's visors? :) No matter. Not sure when, if ever, I'll do the top. It's pretty tired.

·
Registered
213 Posts
But even more interesting were the other cars on the German location showing used Alfa
Romeo cars for sale. There were two liter cars (one quite good, but for 52,000 Euros) and some two liter sprint cars, a 2600 coupe and several Montreals. Most interesting web site for used cars, all in German, and over a thousand Alfa cars. I suspect the website is for all of Europe, but in German.
Jay,

You are right, this is a german site that allows foreigners to post their cars as well. In the adds you sometimes see NL, AT, IT, B etc. these are the country codes, if the adress starts with NL it is in the Netherlands, AT is Austria, B for Belgium and IT for Italy, the full add normally shows the details of the country, albeit in German. I did not realise they had that many non german cars there, 5 years ago I wanted to improt a used Audi car fro Germany and checked them frequently.
I believe there are special websites that search various car sites and give you a summary, I will check if I can find it again, I accidentally found one when my brother was selling a car. It was advertised on a dutch site, he received calls fom Germany, Austria etc. the car was sold to Germany.

regards,

Jelle

1 - 9 of 9 Posts