Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I took my clutch apart, part number 1356.10.028 was not present. It seems to sit between the clutch lever and the bearing casing. Does it matter that it's missing? I can't see what it does. If it's vital does anyone know where I can get one? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Push hard and live
9,657 Posts
This is the flange into which the spring ends are inserted that holds the throwout bearing in place. I haven't studied it closely, but would expect that if this was missing, the throwout bearing could drift forward and remain in contact with the three fingers of the clutch pressure plate, leading to premature wear of both.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Don,

The ends of the spring sit in two small holes drilled in the ends of the clutch lever. On the parts diagram you can just see them. As the lever moves back and forth it pushes/pulls the bearing with it.

·
Push hard and live
9,657 Posts
Yes, but the spring ends go through the two holes in this flange. I expect the flange in some way stabilizes the spring ends so they don't pop out of the lever arm. It was 5 years ago that I last installed a 2000 clutch, so the specifics are a little fuzzy. I recall some degree of effort was required to get the retaining spring and two hole flange snapped onto the arm
If it was easy-on it would be easy-off.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Incidentally I see you answered a similar query from Hunter in 2013. His was missing too. I think I can have one made.

I'd have edited my post rather than write a new one but for some reason, since the AlfaBB site was re-designed it wont let me edit - just jumps to a new page.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts