Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering shaking up my Alfa garage… I’m not necessarily going to do it, but the approach of a new Fiat 500 and the costs of an ongoing project car make the idea worth floating.

My 1991 164S, Lucia Nel Cielo con i Diamante, is remarkable for having just 24.800 original miles. Her first owner was a fellow member of the Capital Chapter of AROC and a collector who bought her from Paul Spruell in Atlanta, then drove her just 18,500 miles in 19 years. I have maintained his tradition of sparing no expense to keep this wonderful car in showroom shape; after all, “it’s only new once!”. Recent work includes new transmission bushings, oil change, and A/C repair and charge.

The outside is shiny in white. The paint has very few flaws at all, even for 25,000 miles. The grey on the bottom shows more age but still looks decent. There is one inch-long scrape on the side of the front bumper but not much else to be found amiss. The side mirror bases did have some of the corrosion that is common to these cars but have been repainted. The original S wheels (not shown here) have only been on the car for 5,000 miles and look great. New Pirelli tires eight months and 2,000 miles ago.

Inside is even more like new. The S sport seats have been covered by sheepskins since new and may be the nicest in existence. Carpets are good as are the original floor mats. Original stereo works great though tape deck could use a service as it sounds muffled. All lights, buttons, windows, sunroof and other switches work except the power seat forward/back and up/down are finicky (recline works fine).

Mechanically the car is stock except for being lowered (which overrides the finicky electronic suspension) and having a performance chip. Runs great, corners better than stock, very fast and smooth!

Lucia participated in the 2010 Alfa Century Convention pre-tour, and competed aggressively on the track, and was barely detailed at all for the Concorso afterward. Despite that she won third place in a crowded and impressive concours field. This car will turn heads and can capture awards at many shows.

Several nice spare items are included with the car, most notably should you desire them the set of mesh wheels (shown here) that the original owner put on which are wider and have nice sticky tires on them ideal for performance driving.

I adore this car, truly I consider it a find-of-a-lifetime virgin classic cars, but due to other projects I could be moved to sell her to someone who would appreciate and maintain her and will entertain offers – including for full or partial trade. I’m curious to hear others’ take on what this unique car should be worth as well. I might consider putting it on e-Bay, but haven’t thought that through yet. This posting is the first hint of the car being available because it really belongs with an Alfa enthusiast.

Thanks for your interest!
Brewster Thackeray, Alexandria, VA
[email protected]; 703/508-4418

Attachments

·
Registered
541 Posts
good luck with the sale, I am interested to see how much this pristine 164 is worth in today's market.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Hey Brew, I remember how well it looked when I ran into you at diFatta's. I was dropping mine off and what stood out most to me is the interior I know you take care of all your Alfaz. Somebody's going to get a great car.

PS: I missed the 100th, I hear it was the one NOT to miss. I kick myself daily.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I bought a 91 alfa 164L 19,000 mile 8 months age for $2,500 show room condition ALFA'S value are not there any more its just for the love of these cars to keep them alive and in hope for the value to go up. second alfa 164 i've own still looking for more clean alfas to save. parts are getting hard to find

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 6 of 6 Posts