Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
This is great feedback guys, thank you! I yanked the pump and will bring it to the rebuild shop, and share what Andy found about the S4 pump. Not that I can't change a seal and a few gaskets myself, but having an expert set of eyes on this problem should be worthwhile. I will report back.

Next will be the swap from ATF to Tutela GI/R, which I am ultra paranoid about. Changing fluid on anything that has been working fine that long scares me, finding the replacement filters is challenging to say the least, successfully flushing all the ATF it will not be easy either. But it's probably the right thing to do. I'll ping the alfa164register group as well to see if there's any different feedback there.

·
Premium Member
9,745 Posts
I can rebuild it. Just need to get all the seals in. I can also supply the Tutela but it will take time. Or I suggest Motul MULTI-ATF which I stock. MULTI-ATF is for: VISCOMATIC® ENGAGEMENT COUPLING, VISCOMATIC® EPICYCLOIDAL GROUP,
Motul Multi HF - POWER STEERING / VISCOMATIC® ACTUATOR or Pentosin CH11S which I also stock.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Found this pump rebuild video. Quite informative and fun to watch, subtitles aside. The video reflects an Audi ZF pump, but could very well share the seals with the similarly looking Alfa pump. The video references the seal kit used (from a Porsche parts supplier, Rennbay #RB002) and the front main shaft seal needed.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts