Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to know which flywheel is needed for a 24v into a gtv6? So far I’ve heard only a 3.0 milano?
I have the gtv6 oil pan and oil pump setup.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Milano 3.0 will do, some very late Milano 2.5 also work. Otherwise add a shim to your GTV6 flywheel.

·
Premium Member
13,694 Posts
I was under the impression that the 2.5 balance is different from the 3.0. It is a while since I went through this but I am pretty sure that I had a 2.5 flywheel re-balanced for my 164 motor. 3.0 Milano's also have a differently balanced crank pulley.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a late 88 milano gold 2.5 flywheel. Does that work?

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When you say “shims” does that mean washers?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Compare your Milano to your GTV6 flywheel. If the matting flange on the Milano flywheel is thicker, then you're good. No washers. If you're going to shim the GTV6 flywheel, you will need a machinist make it for you.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Any flywheel would work. I think the 2.5 one would need a spacer. But either way you can't just swap them be it the 2.5 or 3.0 flywheel without balancing everything together.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
i have confirmed from various sources that

if you have a "late" flywheel it will have a 1/2inch thick spacer molded into the casting
all other v6 will be neerly flat and need the spacer

i wont get into balance as thats a whole new can of worms

i think someone on here still makes the spacers at the tune of 80$ per?, and also does re-balancing to OEM specs

·
Registered
396 Posts
No do not put washers. The easiest thing to do is, i am assuming you have the old flywheel from your 164. Have your local machine shop machine off the mounting points from the flywheel and have him or her machine off a 4mm shims to place behind your most common rwd flywheel. While they are at it tell them to machine 2 so you can sell the other like I did. To cover machining expenses. Yes there could be balancing issues but I personally never had them. How much can you rev. Check out my post I did a pretty extensive right up on the swap. Have to tell you not as easy of a swap.✌

·
Registered
396 Posts
Here it is or if you give me till Friday I might have a 3.0 flywheel

1 - 10 of 10 Posts