Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i am collecting parts to install a 3.0 lt motor from 164 into a GTV 116 series. Can you please advise me if the oil pan, oil sump and oil pump will fit from any model of GTV6 or do i need to look for the later models 1985+ for example?
Regards
Dimitris

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi Dimitris, use the oil pan, oil pickup, oil pump and distributor from any GTV6 or V6 75. The distributor mates to the oil pump shaft and makes the conversion simple.
I have found use of the higher pressure 164 oil pump to be potentially catastrophic and not worth the extra effort.
Not sure if you are converting from the nord or V6, but ensure that you have the propshaft fitted first and only then adapt the position of the engine to match. This way the propshaft is under no strain.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Another question to add to Dimitris' 24v 3.0L 164LS engine into a GTV6 query:

Of all those layers of castings between the water pump and the thermostat, do all of those components need to come from a 12v V6, including the water pump? The bare minimum might be just the very upper port above the thermostat, so it points in the correct direction toward the top radiator port on a GTV6. But, do you need to swap the 2.5 water pump onto the 24v engine too? And/or the castings in between?

Thanks in advance for any advice,
Peter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts