Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

bought my 1995 v6 24v 2 years ago and it has always had a flattened bottom on the exhaust downpipe from the front bank. Has some scrape marks on it so can't work out if this is a standard design or one created by road bump modifications.
Anyone seen a new one and know how it should look?
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,744 Posts
Hi,

bought my 1995 v6 24v 2 years ago and it has always had a flattened bottom on the exhaust downpipe from the front bank. Has some scrape marks on it so can't work out if this is a standard design or one created by road bump modifications.
Anyone seen a new one and know how it should look?
Thanks.
The pipe is round but made to do that! It is a dual layer pipe. The outer pipe that is flat does not effect the inner pipe. If you notice the down pipes are much thicker than the rest of the system due to that protective outer layer.
They improved this on the 24V over the older which really got damaged.

I have a few pipes here that are flat as well but the true inner is not.

No worries on that! if you think it looks ugly and want to buy one I suggest you don't because it will happen again! :)

Hope that helps!?
Ciao!
Jason

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The pipe is round but made to do that! It is a dual layer pipe. The outer pipe that is flat does not effect the inner pipe. If you notice the down pipes are much thicker than the rest of the system due to that protective outer layer.
They improved this on the 24V over the older which really got damaged.

I have a few pipes here that are flat as well but the true inner is not.

No worries on that! if you think it looks ugly and want to buy one I suggest you don't because it will happen again! :)

Hope that helps!?
Ciao!
Jason
Thanks a lot for that Jason,

Richard :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts