Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In our board meeting last night, we were discussing instituting a rallye or some type of 24 hour event. This might turn out to be a few folks out for an expedited 24 hour drive. Say, Seattle, Bend OR., Kamloops, Seattle or something insane like that. Ya, there's the Half Lap of Washington but that might be a bit sleepy for some. I would rather burn fuel and calories over spending money on lodging and leisure. Am I way off my rocker or does this interest anybody else. I am flexible so as to encourage others to participate. It's important to have company when you need to be pulled from a ditch or scraped off the road...thoughts, comments or random postings.

·
Registered
157 Posts
lay out some ideas! I would be interested in some high speed endurance touring. Sleep is for the weak.

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Do you own a fly fishing rod? At this point I am thinking a midnight-2:00 AM departure for a 5:00 AM casting on a western Montana river. All police forces are on their lowest staff count between these hours so expedited travel is accepted and almost legal (gotta have the hall pass). After a morning of rising trout, a nice nap in the afternoon followed by dinner in Missoula or Boise and a return drive when the sun falls beneath the horizon. If you have never fly fished, it's pretty cool. Ok, so we were on a river and a father/son combo in a plastic raft were catching more fish with worms than we were but, they weren't rehashing the feeling of drifting at 120 MPH and now, the sudden calmness of a peaceful expression of mother nature. I recommend the 80 AMP alternator from Alfaholics to power the lamps on your bumper. At night, you only drive as fast as the brightness of your vision. I guess that leaves out all the spider owners....

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The above is really meant to be a solo trip but was hoping to spur activity on a cylinder head repair in Cheney that needs to take place. It also would be the basis for coarse investigation and layout or could be part of the actual event itself.
What I had in mind was to distribute a custom stamp/ink pad to a select few locations around the NW (like a gas station). The departure could either be from your home or from an organized location. It doesn't have to be a life threatening event and could support a non-profit organization and include a side activity...

·
Registered
263 Posts
Fast Lap

When I started working on the Lap of WA idea, that turned into the Half Fast Lap, Vince Plancich contributed some ideas. He being an old rally man wanted a 24 hour. Actually a full lap is more like 1400 miles. I think this is the right place to start something like that. The club would have a difficult time endorsing a full out 24 hour thing. I say you should go for it. Even if you only get a few others to join in the word would get around for the next one.

·
Registered
505 Posts
That's a nice road trip. Starting in Virgina, my home, driving to WA and fishing in Montana and back home via BC doing some fishing again. Can you do steelhead seasen, lol.
Keep me posted
Succes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts