Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have asked before but I am still looking for a 20mm brake master cylinder. My car is a 66 Duetto that has Dunlop brakes and no servo...It may have had one once, who knows. It is set up for a Bonaldi style cylinder. If you have one please let me know.
Tony

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have asked before but I am still looking for a 20mm brake master cylinder. My car is a 66 Duetto that has Dunlop brakes and no servo...It may have had one once, who knows. It is set up for a Bonaldi style cylinder. If you have one please let me know.
Tony
Aftermarket Bonaldi at DiFatta Bros.. Works fine on my 66.

·
Premium Member
2,649 Posts
Classicalfa lists replacement 20 mm for LHD standing pedal Spider
Cheers, Jon

·
Premium Member
2,649 Posts
Photo may help in your search. Top is a Dunlop and the bottom is a Ate. The design is different but the hydraulic fitting locations are similar. These are junk. I just keep them around for the parts.
Cheers, Jon

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Tony, Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I have one of each an ATe and a Bonaldi but both are 22mm off of cars with power assist.

Carl

·
Registered
1978 Spider
351 Posts
I think I have an old 20mm MC. It came in a box of old parts with a car I just bought. It was a 78 Spider so not sure if it's what you are looking for.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
If you really would prefer to re-sleeve an original item and can’t locate one, but can find a 22mm cylinder, maybe ask the machine shop if they can sleeve it down to your preferred 20mm size.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
If you really would prefer to re-sleeve an original item and can’t locate one, but can find a 22mm cylinder, maybe ask the machine shop if they can sleeve it down to your preferred 20mm size.
Now there's an idea. A good one at that.

Ken

·
Super Moderator
10,630 Posts
I understand that patonycam is looking for a used, 20 mm, Bonaldi MC. But this thread has been going on for two weeks and nothing that we suggest or scrounged up seems to satisfy his needs. Here are two outside-the-box ideas:

.I dug the MC out...it's an ATE MC
- I have substituted ATE cylinders for Bonaldi. The thread sizes on the two rigid lines are the same - you just need to re-shape the lines a bit. In my opinion, the ATE is a better/simpler design than the Bonaldi.

Ranz said:
find a 22mm cylinder, maybe ask the machine shop if they can sleeve it down to your preferred 20mm size.
- Classic Alfa sells new, Bonaldi-style cylinders for $126 - see their BR009. Yes, I understand that patonycam wants to rebuild a used one. But honestly, by the time he buys a used 22 mm cylinder, pays to have it sleeved and gets a rebuild kit, he'll probably have spent well over $126.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
I understand that patonycam is looking for a used, 20 mm, Bonaldi MC. But this thread has been going on for two weeks and nothing that we suggest or scrounged up seems to satisfy his needs. Here are two outside-the-box ideas:

- I have substituted ATE cylinders for Bonaldi. The thread sizes on the two rigid lines are the same - you just need to re-shape the lines a bit. In my opinion, the ATE is a better/simpler design than the Bonaldi.

- Classic Alfa sells new, Bonaldi-style cylinders for $126 - see their BR009. Yes, I understand that patonycam wants to rebuild a used one. But honestly, by the time he buys a used 22 mm cylinder, pays to have it sleeved and gets a rebuild kit, he'll probably have spent well over $126.
Very good points Jay. Some (a few) members here have the rest of us run around dig through our parts that we haven't seen in years and then for any number of reasons have us do some more running and digging and teaching and then maybe they balk at the price of a part for their $50k GTV or having finally figured out what to do find another source or buy from a supplier. I have a couple of boxes of old master cylinders somewhere, am I going to have a look for that elusive Bonaldi??????? Just saying.

I usually have a good experience buying or selling on this BB.

Ken

1 - 19 of 19 Posts