Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Premium Member
3,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my Alfa Owner magazine with the entry form for 2023. Looking forward to a great convention. But, no autocross event.

• Wow
Reactions: alfaloco

· Administrator
'66 Sprint GT, '67 Duetto, '70 BMW 2800CS
13,344 Posts
My parents just moved down that way and my wife seems to be on board...
She's on board with your parents moving far away, or on board with going to the convention? Better verify which before you make any reservations. 😁

· Registered
1,032 Posts
I've been busting my *** for the last three months trying to get my GTV ready for the 2023 Convention in Concorde, North Carolina so I could whip some *** on John Boy Duncanini and make old George break a sweat at the Autocross. There ain't going to be an Autocross! Somebodys" got to do something about that.

· Premium Member
3,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Good question. Next June I will be a few weeks short of my 85th birthday so wonder if it's time to stop time trials & concentrate on autocross. But no autocross at the 2023 convention. I will just have to be happy running local events and prepping for the 2023 SCCA National Solo championship in September where 7 people will have run all 50 years. Three of the seven are in our '76 Alfa Spider; Wife Dee, myself, and a woman Alfisti from St. Louis who shares the Alfa Spider with Dee in F-Street Prepared ladies class.

Or, just run the convention time trial and try to stay out of the ditch (as I didn't do at the Montreal convention).

I'm really bummed there won't be an autocross but understand this can be difficult to arrange for an AROC chapter that doesn't really do this type of event. So, give credit where due, the Mid Atlantic AROC is giving us a national convention and that is a good thing.

What?! No autocross George? Now what are you gonna do? :unsure:

· Premium Member
3,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know this, you know this, but we're not the convention organizers. As chairman of the 2011 convention, I know there must be a rational overall budget. Last year, I was told how much the 2023 convention race track would charge to conduct an autocross on their property and it would make one's eyes water.

..... FWIW.. George.. are you listening?... there are sanctioned organizations for hire to stage an auto cross regardless of who comes up with the fees.

· Registered
1996 164 Super V6 TB
46 Posts
She's on board with your parents moving far away, or on board with going to the convention? Better verify which before you make any reservations. 😁
😂 Actually, they moved from Hawaii, so North Carolina is closer. She's really on board with me buying her a Stelvio Quadrifoglio "tow vehicle" and spending time at the hotel spa.

· Registered
4,978 Posts
I've been busting my * for the last three months trying to get my GTV ready for the 2023 Convention in Concorde, North Carolina so I could whip some * on John Boy Duncanini and make old George break a sweat at the Autocross. There ain't going to be an Autocross! Somebodys" got to do something about that.
Bolt in that roll bar in that GTV, and get out there for the Time Trials, Bud. Time's a wasting...

· Registered
4,978 Posts
Just received my Alfa Owner magazine with the entry form for 2023. Looking forward to a great convention. But, no autocross event.
Yep... I looked at the entry form, and no mention of an autocross. Just time trials at the Charlotte Motor speedway. There are reasons for everything, and I think I know the reason here. Molto $$$$$$

· Registered
1978 Alfa Spider Veloce
67 Posts
Ciao All...Yes, the 2023 Alfa del Piemonte Convention website is now active and online Registration is open. Benvenuti! www.2023aroc-convention.org ~Rick Andreoli
Nature Font Happy World Morning

· Registered
10,842 Posts
I know this, you know this, but we're not the convention organizers. As chairman of the 2011 convention, I know there must be a rational overall budget. Last year, I was told how much the 2023 convention race track would charge to conduct an autocross on their property and it would make one's eyes water.
Forget the race track .. there are more suitable options set by the autocross folks you hire .. You can also let them include "all comers" from other clubs to get the cost spread out per car. ,,,,and of course only group Alfa's times for the purpose of a trophy or two or three. This is a very good way to pull it off.

· Registered
4,978 Posts
I know, but it's not our call.... not our convention at this point. Been through it myself, too, in 2011 and 2016.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts