Alfa Romeo Forums banner

2020 GTA/GTAm

2K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Michael Smith 
#1 ·
I have seen a few YT videos on the new Giulia GTA and GTAm models that were just released. The cars are going to sold in Europe and hope that they are sold in the US. I especially like the GTAm with no back seat and a factory installed roll bar. I really want to buy a Giulia QV Coupe but, would not mind buying a four door with no rear seat.

#12 ·
Its not decided yet if there will be an US spec GTA/GTAm version of the Giulia. Its anounced that 500 cars will be built total of both types, and they will all be EU spec. Suppose if they want more sales in the US market they have to build a lot more cars than 500.
The weight of the Giulia Q US is 3810 Lbs while the EU spec is 3571 LBS. (1620Kg). Difference being 239Lbs (108 kg) The GTA/GTAm drops with 100 Kg to 1520 Kg (3351Lbs). That is a 220 Lbs drop. If the US version drops with the same amount it will see 3590 Lbs (1628 Kg). Hypothetically, as nobody knows if there will be a US version. So now is the time to demand this car over there! :)

#15 ·
It really is somewhat amusing to read some of the comments. I'm just glad Alfa is producing something to comment on and if this is the path to a 2 door GTV then by all means onward.

#16 ·
The hybrid 8C and hybrid Giulia GTV were cancelled at the merger with PSA(Peugeot, Opel) so the GTA/m is a kind of a substitute for the GTV at least. The cancellation was probably because PSA is much more advanced in matters Electric drive systems for cars, so Alfa had to offer something instead of those expected models. GTA/m is a nice offer!

Also I think the 2 door GTV was too much like the Giulia compared to the big difference there was between earlier models Berlina/GTV and Alfetta/Alfetta GTV. Maybe its best they have more time to arrive to a new and better GTV offer.

#18 ·
The hybrid 8C and hybrid Giulia GTV were cancelled at the merger with PSA(Peugeot, Opel) so the GTA/m is a kind of a substitute for the GTV at least. The cancellation was probably because PSA is much more advanced in matters Electric drive systems for cars, so Alfa had to offer something instead of those expected models. GTA/m is a nice offer!

they were cancelled before the merger by Mr Manley, basically they were transferred to Maserati. btw seems that GTA has different pistons than normal Q "The increased power with higher boost pressure and Akrapovič exhaust is not the only change to powerline, as also the pistons are redesigned to ensure constat power and reliability: their cooling is now four jets oil instead of two as is the case on Quadrifoglio model. "

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.