Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
This is gonna be great!. Years ago we attended both conventions in Aspen and the one at Copper Mountain and the 2020 convention is on my calendar. I know a few details from the Alfa underground, but anticipate the official announcement.

The 2020 AROC convention will be July 19-26 in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
We have great things planned for this event.
Keep checking back for details as we make them available.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Is there a website with details on the convention? I'm starting to sort out my 2020 travel schedule. :)

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
I have been in contact with the Alfa Club of the Rockies and the convention website will be up in February. There is also an article in the Feb. Alfa Owner but, per my contact, there will be some date changes to a few individual activities. Nothing critical but I will defer to the convention officials for additional information.

What's up with the details? Is anyone even monitoring this page???

·
Registered
95 Posts
msiert: Thank you for raising this topic--it feels like its been pretty quiet on the 2020 convention for a few months. I will watch for the February Alfa Owner and see what additional details are provided. I'm planning to go down to Amelia Island in March, so figured I might hear more at the Concours. It was a blast in Pittsburgh having my spider there for the driving events--not sure how I'm feeling about shipping my car to Colorado........

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
It was a blast in Pittsburgh having my spider there for the driving events--not sure how I'm feeling about shipping my car to Colorado........
You can have plenty of fun without bringing your Alfa, I left mine at home when it was in California a few years back, I still think back to that one and laugh at the good times I had!

I'll be renting a trailer for mine for this one.

·
Premium Member
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The website for the convention will be "fully active" before the end of Feb.
At that time people will be able to register and make reservations.
The March Alfa Owner will have the registration with dates and times for all events.

Here is a general outline of the events:

Sunday, July 19 - Pre convention tours begin

Monday, July 20 - Pre convention tours continue

Tuesday, July 21 - Last day of Pre convention tours
Board meeting
Welcome reception

Wednesday, July 22 - Track day at Pikes Peak International Raceway
Time Attack (autocross)
Lapping on the track road course (Time trials- but we are working on timing equipment)
Swap Meet
Moonlight fun car show

Thursday, July 23 - Gimmick Seek and Search Rally
High Tea at Glen Eyrie Castle

Friday, July 24 - Drive up Pikes Peak
Drive through Garden of the Gods
Walking seek and search rally

Saturday, July 25 - Alto Miglia Concorso - car show
AROC Banquet

Sunday, July 26 - Awards Breakfast

This is by no means a complete list of events. This is just an idea of SOME of the highlights.

Hope to see you in July!
Scott

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
I don't see the official announcement here yet, but the email yesterday from the AROC president announced the postponement of the 2020 convention to 2021. It's necessary, but too bad for the organizers that have worked so hard to provide a great event.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts