Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The “Courtyard of Racing” is the theme of the 2019 Alfa Romeo Owner’s Club Convention hosted by the Three Rivers Alfisti. ​
The 2019 convention is perhaps the most centralized of any previous convention; It's located within 500 miles of 2/3 of the population of the North America

Tuesday, 16 July - Board Meeting & Meet & Greet

1pm - 4pm: AROC Board Meeting
6pm - 9pm: AROC Meet & Greet with Shelf Life Band at Convention Hotel, Ember & Vine Restaurant.
4pm - 9pm: PVGP Waterfront Car Cruise; $5 at gate

Wednesday, 17 July Parade, Downtown Car Show/ Tune-up Party

8am - 10am: AROC leads PVGP parade in Downtown Pittsburgh to Point State Park $10/ Car. Free to spectators.
10am - 2pm: Alfa Romeo Display at Point State Park; limited to 40 Alfa's: $25/per car
11:30 - 1:30pm: Double Decker Bus Tour $40 ea
6pm - 9pm: PVGP Tune Up Party: Limited to 40 Alfa Romeos

Thursday, 18 July Track Day Events & Doublewide Grille

8:30am - 5:30pm Autocross / Time Trials, Karting & Parade Lap at Pittsburgh International Race Complex
Autocross: $40 / Driver
Karting: $5/person for virtual racing competition
Time Trials: $270/car. Transponders extra.
Parade Lap ~ Noon-ish - $35/car
Track Opens 7am; Closes 8pm
2pm - 5pm: Meguiar's Wash Station @Doubletree Hilton Convention Hotel
5pm - 6pm: Certificato d'Oro Judges meeting in Glass Room
6pm - 7pm: TECH SESSION: "Tuning the 4C, Giulia, and Stelvio" -Double Wide Grill Parking Lot
7pm - Double Wide Grill on the Deck - Internet Forums Member Meet-up (AlfaBB, 4C, & Giulia Fourms)
6:30 - 10pm: PVGP Passport to Elegance (Hanger Party) $375/person
7pm - Midnight: Double Wide Grill - Three Car Garage Band 8pm - 10pm $5/person

Friday, 19 July Rally Day & Dinner at Historic Golf Club

9am - 4pm: Alfa Romeo Gimmick Rally ~ 2 hours driving time. $30/car. Maximum of 90 cars.
10am - 4pm: Guided Tour; Details TBA by Visit Pittsburgh
9am - 11am Alfa Romeo & Ferrari Ride & Drive; Times TBA
11am - 1:30pm: Picnic Lunch at Moraine State Park with Historical Jeep Display
2m - 5pm: Meguiar's Wash Station @Doubletree Hilton Convention Hotel
​6pm - 9pm Welcome Reception and Strolling Dinner at the Pittsburgh Golf Club ~ $45/person; Race Cars Preview
6-9: ****tails / Alfa Romeo Racer teams joins us on the Showfield!
7- 7:15: Trackday Experience Awards: Time Trials, AutoX & Karting.
7 - 9pm Strolling Dinner.

Cortile della Corsa Weekend at the PVGP
SPECIAL NOTE IF SHOWING AN ALFA ROMEO:
  • On Saturday and Sunday afternoon the AROC will have a special showfield area at the Cortile Italian Car Show at the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix (PVGP). We have made special arrangements for an ALL INCLUSIVE weekend if you are showing an Alfa Romeo: It's $150 for the entire car show weekend at the PVGP.
  • SPECIAL NOTE IF NOT SHOWING AN ALFA ROMEO:
  • ​If you are a spectator (not showing a car), admission to the Cortile della Corsa and the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix is FREE and OPEN TO THE PUBLIC.
Spectators can park on Flagstaff Hill in the public parking area for $20, or you can find parking on the street for free.

If you would like to purchase a lunch in the clubhouse for Saturday and the Wine on 9 on Sunday it's $35 /person.
(Your lunch ticket on Saturday gets you admittance on Sunday)

Please remember to register for the Saturday Evening AROC Banquet separately. (not included in the $150 package)

Saturday, 20 July Cortile Judging/Shine & Show/AROC Banquet
Cortile Weekend: $150 admission/2 people/weekend pass

9am - 5pm: Alfa Romeo Car Show
Shine & Show
Peoples Choice Award
Judged Groups/ Classes TBD
9am - 5pm: "Certificato d'Oro" Judging (in special Parking area)
9am - 5pm: Alfa Racer Display
1pm - 5pm; Cortile Cup Winner Move to Winners Circle
9am - 5pm; Alfa Romeo Racing
7pm - 11pm; Alfa Romeo Banquet - (Purchased separately) Price $45

Sunday, 21 July Concours/Wine on 9/PVGP Racing
Cortile Weekend Continues​

9am - 5pm: Alfa Racecar Display
9am - 5pm Alfa Romeo Display
9am- 5pm Alfa Romeo Concours "Certificato d'Oro" (in special Parking area)
9am - 3pm; AROC Paddock Tours
10am - 5pm - "Certificato d'Oro" Winners move to Winner Cortile Circle
11:30 - 1:30: Wine on 9 (wine tasting track side); Lunch provided
​1pm - 5pm PVGP Feature Races & Alfa Romeo Race Group Races

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
Bernie, I'm pretty sure I got to meet you briefly on the golf course's show field lawn this morning, prepping for the onslaught of cars and people to come. Kudos for a great job all around there to you and all of your local members. It's a lot of work.

Anyway, here are some pictures from today's hot lot at the Double Tree. Of course, members helping members.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,234 Posts
Nice burgundy seat skins

That would make a great interior color for my black '64 Giulia Spider.

Ray

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Here are some images from the PVGP taken today. I take several cars to this show every year and this was the best Alfa turnout so far (because of the AROC convention of course). Probably 50+ spiders and 10+ roundtails. Lots of GTVs and newer cars, too.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
Pittsburgh was a HOT Cortile!

Great venue..great cars.. great people .. Reunions all around. My take is there could have been more early cars from a 300 mile radius that I know were home.

I go for the people and the photos reflect it.. Highlites---- Track was fantastic and close ( 20 miles) ...One shunt but could have been worse and car was still driving home to Toronto..PVGP is best event I have been to since Laguna and PB...Size and scope is mind numbing and FREE to the public. It goes on for two weeks ending with racing Sat and Sun. Concorso at Cortile is really Concorso at the PVGP...Grounds of the Pittsburgh Golf Club and Schenley Park ...PGC is the playground for the Pittsburgh magnets who built industry from 19th C. and Schenley for the common man..Great great place to be if you enjoy people watching, beautiful cars and a 200 year old shade tree on a sultry,hot, but breezy day. Every car marque of interest is represented. ALFAS had our place on the high ground at the entrance to the club. It is a VERY hilly place and so is Pittsbugh! Check it out on You tube.

Here are the photos of interest and scroll to the following post for more...Photo # 1 Uncle and Nephew jay Maveety (NC) with ex- Michael Payne '57 Sprint he proudly drove, autocrossed, toured,and washed 16 times,. It will need new paint job when he is done washing. #2---Aunt Linda flirting with race car gallantry at the track ..#3 Hemsley (TN) Justus (MO) and Faherty (WA) #4 R. Ballantine (CO) wooing Linda (MA). #5. Burning the midnight oil (NPI)

Attachments

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
More Pics

#6 Polizi car started as a 2 liter and left as a 1300 with the same engine ... Dale Whitney genuflecting at his Certificato 142 Point (sic) Giulia Spider Veloce #7 Uncles hired band or better known as "The Grateful to be Alive" #8 DuBois PA (Central PA) ..NEW (versus) Old Pierogis.. Always a hit with fried Seafood and Root beer.. we couldn't stay..I hate that combo.. a bridge too far to Cape Cod called. #9 I-95 Connecticut.. Blond with rubber ducky near sun stroke heading to the beach come hell or high water (98F)..She backed up traffic thinking the honks going by from gawkers were for her looks not for her missing brain. ..I married a blond and she knows better to take the air out before she goes to the beach. THat's All Folks! Uncle

Attachments

·
Registered
1,453 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,234 Posts
OK, bear with me, but what is the gorgeous red #22 thing, in post #15?!:surprise:

Ray

1 - 20 of 36 Posts