Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at used Stelvios because as the username implies, I'm alfa poor. Besides, all previous Aflas were/are preowned. Anyway, they can be had for cheap. I am aware of the recall for the ECU placement/water damage. Any other reasons why this model year should be avoided? Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Nope. Except early 18’s may not have CarPlay or AndroidA and it cannot be retrofitted, if you want that.

I have an ‘18 Ti, bought as a demo with 7k miles. Drove it 28,000 miles in 12 months. NO problems. I am super happy with it. Nothing like it on the road.

Biggest issue that owners have are bad batteries wreaking havoc with electrical. Get the dealer to throw in a NEW interstate AGM battery. Like most new cars, Stelvio is very sensitive to battery voltage and some of the original VARTA batteries suck. Tires don’t last long.

if I was buying again...and not a quad, I would get a Ti Sport with the performance package, not for the dynamic suspension but for the limited slip and the sport seats. LS not needed but nice to have for really hard driving, otherwise not needed.

if you like the Ti or Base but don’t like the seats, put 1/4” washers under the front seats for a better seat angle. No Stelvio except Lusso has adjustable seat base. Make sure you check that out. Ti or Base without sunroof and CarPlay should be super deal!

You should post on the Stelvio forum, which is quite active compared to the AlfaBB. Wish the Stelvio and Giulia forums were part of the BB.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Peter, thanks for the info. So far I can't find anyone that has anything bad to say. I do remember seeing some electrical issues leading back to the battery. Thanks again.

·
Registered
431 Posts
No Problem. Make it a condition of sale if you are getting from dealer to install a new AGM battery. Doesn’t matter if it “tests” ok. Really, Alfa has been ruining their reputation with issues caused by bad batteries. The new cars use a complicated algorithm to manage battery charge while minimizing alternator use. And everything is connected to everything. I have a Ti, replaced the stock 235-55-19 conti a/s with 255/50-19 Michelin Pilot Port 4 SUV. Amazing. Pilot sport 3 a/s+ good also. Easy to modify 2.0 up to 390hp! But mine is stock. Drives awesome.

happy shopping

·
Registered
7,280 Posts
Buying a pre-owned Alfa is very smart.

These cars have very poor resale value so they are great bargains.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts