Alfa Romeo Forums banner

161 - 169 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Brazil GP=ho-hum...pretty boring, if you're a RedTeam fan like me.
Seems the only chances Ferrari had was if the two 'cedes had taken each other out fighting for P1, or if "Shark-nado" had swept the MBenz team off the track!

Well, there's always 'next-year'...

Regards

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Only 4 cars on lead lap ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Lots of whining noises coming out of that 44 car today.

Also....

Is Diffey's a-whole jealous of the **** coming out of his mouth?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I don't get the dislike of Diffey...to my ears he's not any worse than
Varsha was. Actually I don't pay much attention to Diffey, I prefer the commentary of Hobbs & Matchett, but what I do hear from Diffey doesn't seem to be that offensive...what am I missing?

Regards

·
Premium Member
15,425 Posts
Another very boring race. Almost impossible for the leading cars to pass one another. The second place car cannot pass the first place car because the advanced aerodynamics won't let them. Get too close and the car overheats and front tires wash out and wear quickly because of the spoiled/turbulent wake of the leading car. Whoever qualifies no 1 almost always wins because of this. Turns out movable drag reducing rear wings have not in real life changed this.

The rules and designers have painted themselves into a corner by allowing/designing such critical aero packages. Clearly a backwards evolution because of this. The only solution is to back off on the allowed sophistication and amount of aero packages, decreasing the downforce and adverse influence on the trailing cars.

To quote the Telegraph article on the race: "only to be scuppered by Formula One’s fiendishly complicated aerodynamics which can make it almost impossible to follow the car in front to line up a pass"

Indeed. So tell me, why should I watch? Generally, I watch the start, knowing by then who will win the race, and go do something else, such as doing something with one of my Alfas, lol. Life's too short to watch another parade.

This, after watching F1 for decades, with real cars which didn't have this problem, requiring drivers with real car handling skills determining just where the car was going in it's drifting. No outrageous aero wings or massive downforce, just driver input instead.

F1? A pox on you!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Boy-o-boy, being a RedTeam fan I couldn't be happier that this F1 season is OVER!!! Mercedes=P1 & P2(Rosberg 1st.) & Ferrari=P3 & P4(Kimi 3rd). Another predictable GP.....the announcing crew tried
pretty hard to make the 'race' exciting, but IMO there wasn't much to get excited about.....

Can't wait until March to see if my RedTeam can come up w/something to challenge Mercedes' domination.

Regards

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Boy-o-boy, being a RedTeam fan I couldn't be happier that this F1 season is OVER!!! Mercedes=P1 & P2(Rosberg 1st.) & Ferrari=P3 & P4(Kimi 3rd). Another predictable GP.....the announcing crew tried
pretty hard to make the 'race' exciting, but IMO there wasn't much to get excited about.....

Can't wait until March to see if my RedTeam can come up w/something to challenge Mercedes' domination.

Regards
They are close! Crossing fingers too! :smile2:

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Thank god the season is over. Someone start an offseason F1 thread. I wanna hear what they are going to do about these engine rules over the break.

161 - 169 of 169 Posts