·
Registered
2,317 Posts
That new "f-1.com" site SUX :taz:

Interesting

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
There was quite a bit of racing mid-field. Not a bit at the front.

I'm a bit afraid that the "fat lady" is warming up behind the stage curtains. Only 15 cars made the grid, only 11 finished the race.

My favorite, McLaren, was dead last. 2 laps down.

I'm very pleased to see Ferrari on the podium and frankly shocked by the Sauber and STR teams.

One season and one race from sweeping 4 championships and RBR wants to take its ball and go home. Perhaps it only gives you wings when you are winning.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Latest news.

'No German GP for 2015'
17 March 2015, 18:52

There will be no German Grand Prix this year, Hockenheim circuit boss Georg Seiler said on Tuesday in a decision that ended months of uncertainty over the country's Formula One race.

The absence of Germany, home of reigning world champions Mercedes, for the first time since 1960 leaves the calendar with 19 races.

"We have no hope any more of having a Formula One race here (this year)," Seiler told Bild newspaper. "We did everything in the last few years to keep the fans happy."

Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone had kept the door ajar

but Seiler said time had run out because "quality would now suffer" if they went ahead with the 10th round of the championship.

"We had declared ourselves willing to step in for Nuerburgring, something we were contractually not obliged to do," he said.

"There were talks with third parties over taking over the risk but they were not successful."

Ecclestone told Reuters on Monday that Hockenheim was the only option for the July 19 race despite it being the Nurburgring's turn under an alternation agreement.

Hockenheim hosted last year's grand prix, and is also due to host it in 2016, but the circuit has made heavy losses due to poor attendances and is unwilling to shoulder the burden for three years in a row.

The Nuerburgring, one of the sport's most historic venues with the original track dating from the pre-World War Two years, also has financial troubles and has changed ownership since it last appeared on the calendar.

German drivers have been among the most successful in Formula One, with Michael Schumacher winning a record seven world titles and 91 races while Sebastian Vettel is a four times champion.

However attendances dwindled after Schumacher, who won five of his titles for Ferrari, retired in 2012 after an unsuccessful comeback with Mercedes.

Only 52 000 fans turned up on race day at Hockenheim last year to see Germany's Nico Rosberg win the race for Mercedes. The victory was the first by a German driver in a German car on home soil since the 1930s.
'No German GP for 2015' - SuperSport - Motorsport

·
Registered
322 Posts
Very sad. My daughter will be doing an internship program there this summer and I was going to encourage her to go, she is a major F1 fan. I hope they can rectify the problem and get back on the calendar.

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
At what point does CVC and the gnome realize that if they keep taking the vast majority of the spoils from F1, that there will no longer be an F1 to promote?

While this has been a large and resilient golden goose, they are well along on strangling it.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I'm guessing "the gnome" is Eckelstone, but what is "CVC"?

Regards
The Formula One Group is a group of companies responsible for the promotion of the FIA Formula One World Championship and exploitation of the sport's commercial rights.[1] Bernie Ecclestone, a former Formula One team boss, has run the company since gaining control of the commercial rights. The Group is owned ultimately by Delta Topco, a Jersey–based company owned primarily by investment companies CVC Capital Partners, Waddell & Reed, and LBI Group, with the remaining ownership split between Bernie Ecclestone, other investment companies and company directors.
Formula One Group - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Post #44 might not be a joke after all

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Legendary Italian marque Alfa Romeo has been tipped as a potential supplier for the FIA's planned new F2 category, according to sources in Italy.

Last Friday, the FIA's World Motor Sport Council approved the creation of a future FIA F2 Championship, aimed at bridging the gap between F3 and F1 and completing its single-seater ladder that starts with F4.

A detailed F2 project will be submitted to the WMSC in July. Interested promoters will then be sought, although a date has not yet been given as a target launch season.

Alfa Romeo tipped for motorsport return | F2 news | Motorsport.com

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
May be now some of you guys who already discredited Seb in his championship years just for having the best car and especially did criticize him in 2014 (where team tactics has stolen him 2 victories for Dan) now will rethink their opinion. Today a great driver won in an outstanding driven race. And Lulu starts whining again......superb job, Seb !!!

Kimi should wake up in qualifying and he'll be a podium scorer, too.
He also did a great job today with all his problems and puncture.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Alfa name badge on back of F1 Ferrari

Did anyone notice the Alfa name badge on the back location of the engine cover on Vettel's car?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Fred.......... not so happy
Red mechanic....very happy

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
This season just got a lot more interesting.

Great job by Ferrari today.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I'm still not a big Vettel fan but I do have to give him 'thumbs-up' for today's win...GREAT drive! Vettel's conservation of his tires was the difference in the race. Kimi did a good race, too...made up a lot of positions.

Hopefully my RedTeam can keep it going.

Feel very bad for Alonso...he deserves better.

Regards

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
Alonso made his call. And he gets to reap the benefits. But in fairness, I too thought Ferrari was a couple of years away from getting their **** back together.

The mechanics' smiles were pretty much priceless weren't they? It's good when you win.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
I root for Ferrari for a couple reasons - I'm half Italian, well Sicilian, and I just think the Italian national anthem is great!

Yup, the season just got better for us.

Just wish Williams was closer to Ferrari and MB.

Oh, and all the whining from Red Bull - Toro Rosso finished ahead of them also with Renault engines...hmmm.

Ciao,

Mike

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'll bite:grin2:
Vettel did a great job and Kimi was amazing on the opening lap getting around the Williams duo. Unfortunately, Mercedes seemed to get their act back together with Hamilton able to give the team whatever lap time they asked for.
We can hope for more in Bahrain!

41 - 60 of 169 Posts