Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Alfamiglia Nordest 2015

There are many notables that have committed to our convention next year...From TV personalities to private collectors !! Will be one for the ages....:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
I already have this on my 2015 calendar. It's great that the time trial and autocross events are on separate days.

The 2015 Convention will be held in Rhode Island, better known as the Ocean State! Speed events will be held at the new (historic), Thompson Speedway in nearby CT.

Check out Alfamiglia Nordest 2015

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They did a tremendous job with the track, not a single seam in the pavement! Really top notch!

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
There are many notables that have committed to our convention next year...From TV personalities to private collectors !! Will be one for the ages....:thumbup:
O.k., you have my attention: a short list, long list, people I haven't seen since the 80's with their old Alfas and ascots?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Speaker

Donald Osborne (of "What's My Car Worth?" fame) has signed on as our Banquet Speaker (and perhaps Concorso MC)..and other notables with very unique car collections have expressed their interest and support for our event...At this time, that's all I can divulge....Dino

·
Registered
25 Posts
Dino,

Do you have a convention Logo yet? Pictures of the venue ETC. I would like to post on the Facebook page as soon as possible.

Sean

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
So if the convention starts on the 24th... and the pre-convention tour comprises 4 days, does this mean it kicks off on Sunday the 21st? From what I've seen, it wasn't explicitly noted.

Thanks for any clarification.

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The pretour starts Sunday the 21st from Saratoga NY. The official start of the convention kicks off with registration at 9 AM on Wednesday June 24th.

Thanks, and hope to see you in RI

John

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Convention Questions

I've looked at the website and do not see a general information page. I've been to Limerock in Connecticut and note that you're using a different race track. Having made a major mistake attending a convention many years ago, probably in the 1980s, with an airport not being located in the state where the convention was held, I strive to figure out the best route ahead of time.

Is Providence the only airport in Rhode Island and is it the airport that should be used as far as the location of the hotel and the race track? I note that any departure airport I want to use has a minimum of 1 connection and most have 2: Minneapolis, Detroit, Phoenix or Philadelphia. Is Hartford, Connecticut a better choice as far as locations?

Do you know yet what the price per night per hotel room is going to be and when reservations can be made?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
The airport is 3 miles from the convention Hotel. T.F. Green Airport that is.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts