Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Alfisti,

If you haven't already heard, the AROC Board has approved the Delta Sierra Alfa Romeo Club's (DSARC) application to host the 2013 AROC National Convention in the Bay Area. This will likely be the "mother" of all AROC Conventions, with hundreds of Alfas expected. The convention will be based around Infineon Raceway (in the heart of the Napa/Sonoma Wine Country), with convention hotel close by in Marin County. There are a great number of details to impart, and the best opportunity to get clued in is during this month's (8/03) ARA General Meeting at Ricky's. The "Convention Team" will be presenting its plans for the Convention, as well as showing a video on the recent Kentucky "Alfas in the Blue Grass" AROC Convention. This is one meeting that shouldn't be missed!

We will also have the folks at Danville Concours d'Elegance presenting their event (slated for September) during the meeting. The event boasted a great Alfa turnout last year; this year will be even better with your participation!

Come join us this Wednesday (8/03) evening at 8 PM at Ricky's; it will be an exciting meeting.

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
2013 AROC USA convention in the SF Bay Area.....this is going to EPIC. People will talk about this convention for a lifetime.

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
this is great.

i will hope to attend.

:)

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Please do attend if you can; we'll try to live up to your expectations! Lots of work ahead of us, and many volunteers needed - we'd better get crackin' .

If there are any concerns or suggestions from fellow Alfisti, this thread may definitely be used for such purposes. I will also post updates here regularly.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Outstanding news, right in my back yard!

Patrick, I've got a couple ideas I'd like to share; I'll send them in a p.m.

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
where is the 2012 convention?

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Hotel recommendations? Sonoma? Napa? Or??? Not much info on the national AROC or AROC - Delta Sierra websites yet.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
2013 AROC National Convention Confirmed for the SF Bay Area!/Hotel

Hotel recommendations? Sonoma? Napa? Or??? Not much info on the national AROC or AROC - Delta Sierra websites yet.
AIR, I read in the April Detroit newsletter that they were having issues with the hotels in the area that would not discount the weekend rates, simply, because they can get full price regardless of convention needs so they were working on moving the dates to a Tuesday through Friday convention or something like that, where the discounted rates would apply.

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cheryl is right on the money there. The hotel issue has now been resolved, so we're on to planning individual events.

AROC has requested that we refrain from promoting the 2013 Convention until after the 2012 Convention has taken place; hence not much information on the Bay Area Convention has been released to the public... this will change after June. Thanks for all of your patience!

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
The hotel will be the Sonoma Wine Country DoubleTree in Rhonert Park, CA. Hotel registration information will be available at the Toronto convention.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
So, just out of curiosity, did the dates change from above?

·
Premium Member
3,731 Posts
Pat,

Thanks for the info. I'm already saving for my tow money fund, and anticipate a wonderful time. Looking forward to your presentation in Toronto.

Cheryl is right on the money there. The hotel issue has now been resolved, so we're on to planning individual events.

AROC has requested that we refrain from promoting the 2013 Convention until after the 2012 Convention has taken place; hence not much information on the Bay Area Convention has been released to the public... this will change after June. Thanks for all of your patience!

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Hi Pat,

DO you have a rough idea about the track time we're going to have at Infineon? Is it a multiple run group thing? Is it a 1/2 day only event, say from 8-12?

Zamani

1 - 20 of 51 Posts