Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend (June 13 and 14) is the 77th running of the 24 hours of Le Mans: Site officiel des 24 Heures du Mans

It looks to be a good race with Audi and Peugeot vying for the overall win. (With all due respect to the ther LMP1 entrants, it will be hard to beat these two marques to the overall win.)

It is a big field with more than 50 entrants. Alas, Alfa Romeo will not be there. :mad: The last Alfa to race at Le Sarthe was in 1973 (Tipo33TT3) finishing 15th overall. The last Alfa-powered car was in 1994 (Debora LPM294 with an Alfa 3 liter V6).

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Team Seattle will be there running a Ferrari 430. Watch for them. For those who do not know, this is Team Seattle's swan song. They have run the Daytona 24 Hours several times, raising over $3M for our local Childrens' Hospital. Drivers include Don Kitch, Jr. (a real friend of the NWARC), actor Patrick Dempsey (Grey's Anatomy), and Joe Foster. Interesting details can be found at Welcome to Team Seattle

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Live action at Radio Le mans

This weekend (June 13 and 14) is the 77th running of the 24 hours of Le Mans: Site officiel des 24 Heures du Mans

It looks to be a good race with Audi and Peugeot vying for the overall win. (With all due respect to the ther LMP1 entrants, it will be hard to beat these two marques to the overall win.)

It is a big field with more than 50 entrants. Alas, Alfa Romeo will not be there. :mad: The last Alfa to race at Le Sarthe was in 1973 (Tipo33TT3) finishing 15th overall. The last Alfa-powered car was in 1994 (Debora LPM294 with an Alfa 3 liter V6).
Hello Le mans aficionado's,

Follow the action live on Radio Le Mans at this website.
SPEEDtv.com | Radio Le Mans

Ciao! Olaf

·
Registered
394 Posts
It will actually be televised in Australia over the weekend on one hd. Finally some real racing action. I went to Le Mans in '97 and had one of the best racing experiances of my life even though I was just spectating.

·
Registered
110 Posts
The P. Dempsey team is a cool one to root for, he seems like a real guy and a decent driver. My money's on the Risi boys. These guys are all business, and they are the defending class winners. I also have a soft spot for Allen Mcnish. That guy can drive the wheels off a car!!!

·
Premium Member
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fours hours in and two Peugeots lead LMP1, two Porsche RS Spyders lead LMP2, two Corvettes lead GT1, and two Porsche 997s lead GT2!

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Seems that SpeedTV shut down the feed early. I thought they were going to go until 4:30 pm eastern. Looks like the dropped off at 4:00. I guess we'll see if they come back up at 10:00 PM

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
According to my TV schedule, the coverage starts up again at 4:30 pm eastern.

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
I was watching the internet feed. Looks like they dropped it when TV coverage started at 4:30 and will restart the internet feed when the coverage on TV stops.

10:27 PM Eastern, the internet feed is back up.

·
Premium Member
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Peugeot wins Le Mans!

LMP1: 1) Peugeot 2) Peugeot 3) Audi
LMP2: 1) Porsche 2) Lola 3) Pescarolo
GT1: 1) Chevrolet 2) Chevrolet 3) Aston Martin
GT2: 1) Ferrari 2) Ferrari 3) Ferrari

First overall win for a French team since 1980.

Ferrari takes top 4 spots in GT2 and has 8 of 9 cars still running. :)

Only 1 of 5 GT2 Porsches running at the end of the race! (The last one 86 laps down on the next GT2 competitor.) :eek:

EDIT: Peugeot won in '92 and '93.

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
The Corvette win in GT1 will be historic as it will probably be the last for a factory Chevrolet effort.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
LMP1: 1) Peugeot 2) Peugeot 3) Audi
LMP2: 1) Porsche 2) Lola 3) Pescarolo
GT1: 1) Chevrolet 2) Chevrolet 3) Aston Martin
GT2: 1) Ferrari 2) Ferrari 3) Ferrari

First overall win for a French team since 1980.

Ferrari takes top 4 spots in GT2 and has 8 of 9 cars still running. :)

Only 1 of 5 GT2 Porsches running at the end of the race! (The last one 86 laps down on the next GT2 competitor.) :eek:
I think the radio announcers said Peugeot won in '93.

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Peugeot 905 Evo 1B's won in 1992 and 1993

1 - 20 of 35 Posts