Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Alfa Romeo is seriously considering giving a hard time to the biggest German manufacturers. A V8 powered 159 GTA is currently under testings and will be unveiled next year at the Geneva Motor Show. When it will go on sale in early 2009 it will compete with the BMW M3, Audi RS4 and Mercedes C63 AMG...."

This is from a new review on 2009 Alfa Romeo 159 GTA, from Top Speed. It includes info on the design and performance of the model, as well as other features like history and competitors. Also available is a wallpaper / photo gallery.

Here is the link to the full article:
2009 Alfa Romeo 159 GTA - Top Speed

And the link to the picture gallery:
2009 Alfa Romeo 159 GTA wallpapers and high resolution photos - Top Speed

·
Registered
847 Posts
Thanks for the links, but this is all pretty much re-hashed info, same as the speculations to the 159 GTA's seen testing around the 'Ring a few months back.. Not that it's not true but I don't see anything in this write up that would lead me to believe it's an inside scoop or hard facts..

·
Registered
883 Posts
"Can't" is a strong word, don't you think? I'm interested to know what inside information or engineering analysis you pulled together to allow your proclaimation. I know of nothing inherent to the 159 chassis that makes this impossible. Couple that with the fact that a high HP V8 is readily available within the Alfa/Maserati/Ferrari corporate hierarchy....while as far as I know they've done no turbo V6 development work....

·
Registered
847 Posts
- Probably why they built the 159 with 4WD and 260hp :rolleyes:
He's just skipping generations of cars in his "theories" now..:rolleyes:

Im waiting for RussianM3 to start bashing AWD again, as he has in the past... Too bad he supposedly owns an RS4 now... haha the guy has effectively bashed himself by bashing Alfa for adopting AWD.. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah Alfa will definitely need to have a V8 in their sedan if they plan to compete with Audi and BMW's sportier models...I pretty sure Alfa will do it to stay competitive.

A Ferrari-Maserati based V8 would make the GTA a very appealing sport sedan. Looks like it has a carbon fiber roof like the new M3 also.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There is more anti dive geometry on the Alfa Romeo 159 than on the Alfa 156 and the dampers have hydraulic silicone-filled bump stops, engineering chief Paolo Masai has tried to reduce noise vibration and harshness to an absolute minimum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts