Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did they set the locations yet for future conventions?

thanks

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
did they set the locations yet for future conventions?

thanks
June 2008, Chicago,
July 2009, Portland.

The conventions are awarded two years in advance to chapters who ask to do them. I've not heard of any rumors of a chapter who wants to do 2010 or 2011.

Eric

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
The 2008 Convention will take place in Chicago.:D We have a lot of things planned, give a few weeks and we will have a 12 page booklet updated with dates and activities. Once in a while check into our website at www.caroc.com, we will continue to have updates and the Owner will begin to gather info from us to showcase to all members. For now, those planning on visiting, leave June 19, 20, 21 & 22nd open. A June Convention in Chicago will make both visitors and our Alfas happier in regards to weather.

By the way, is your Spider's color "Verde Inglese"?

A presto,
Carmelo La Spina
CAROC President

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
eric -

i wasnt able to go to the show in detroit this year.

how can i purchase official clothing from the show?

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not sure the correct name for the color - foglia green i think? but it is original.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
I was there and never found any official clothing for sale. I saw Detroit people wearing it, but no one seemed to be selling it.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I was there and never found any official clothing for sale. I saw Detroit people wearing it, but no one seemed to be selling it.
I didn't see any either, I would've bought a convention shirt!

OK Chicago, how about some cool convention shirts? Affordable T-Shirts (not white), maybe polo type? Again depending on cost. :)

Oh yeah.....what about "Car Cards"? We hung out in the parking lot each night and it woulda been neat to have a card people could put on the dash maybe with a name and club affiliation..........just a thought! I wanted to know about a wind deflector a black spider had but had no idea who's car it was and neither did anyone else nearby. Just a business size card with the convention logo, included with a registration, people can use them or not....

The brochure/book idea Detroit had was awesome! Everything we needed was right there. Whoever worked on that did a great job!! :D

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
not sure the correct name for the color - foglia green i think? but it is original.
It wasn't exacly clear how to buy it, as we had two types of clothing.

The offical clothing was supposed to be for sale by order near the registration counter. It was a pretty intricate design. For these, you can still contact the registrar, and order them.

The worker shirts were more to make sure people knew who to ask questions of, and it turned out that people wanted these, too. For these shirts, you need to contact the worker shirt sponsor, Off Course Racewear, and they will make the shirts to order as well.

At past conventions, the data we saw was that shirts weren't huge sellers, so we didn't make any up just to sit on them for 20 years (Kathleen still has shirts from the 1990 convention).

So, call Off Course Racewear for the shirts you saw all of us wear. Al will be happy to take your order for one.

Eric

1 - 8 of 8 Posts