Alfa Romeo Forums banner
81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Hi Carm,

While my family and I are attending most activities we are not going to the Banquet's or Sunday brunch (because of the kids) are there some good local Chicago dinier's that are somewhat close to the hotel?

Not looking for any chains or any place that you have to dress up for but something that is causual and can only be found in Chicago.

·
Registered
58 Posts
While my family and I are attending most activities we are not going to the Banquet's or Sunday brunch (because of the kids and costs) are there some good local Chicago dinier's that are somewhat close to the hotel?
Murray,

sorry to hear that cost may be a factor in your decision not to attend the banquet and brunch. While the price may be a bit higher than in years past due to the Chicago metro location, we'd like to assure everyone that the quality of the food served will be excellent - this is absolutely not a case of making do with the cheapest dishes on the menu.:eek: Check out the May issue of the Owner for a full mouth-watering description!:)

You may also have seen Carm's post giving another great reason to attend. We have been able to confirm John Tipler as the speaker, flying in from the UK.:cool: Many of you will recognize John from his many books on Alfas; he is also an authority on Alfa's Trans Am history. This promises to be a rare and fascinating opportunity to hear about this glorious period of Alfa's past.

We understand that kids may not be quite so enthralled by this subject:D, so for that reason we are offering a child care service during the banquet, as well as on Friday night during the Skyline Cruise.

If you still decide to pass after my valiant sales effort:confused:, then we should be able to advise on a suitable venue for family dining. We don't have details available as yet, but if you ask at the registration desk they can give you a list of options.

Best regards,

Dave J.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
If you still decide to pass after my valiant sales effort:confused:, then we should be able to advise on a suitable venue for family dining. We don't have details available as yet, but if you ask at the registration desk they can give you a list of options.

Best regards,

Dave J.
Hi Dave,

Ohh I would love to go but it's not all my decession, last year at Detroit it wasn't a problem because I didn't bring the family this year I have a balancing act in keeping them happy too. My kids are 11 and 15 years old so the child care services won't work in my case and who wants to pay $62 a plate for 2 complaining kids. :mad:

So my wife wants to take that time to eat out in Chicago.

We are doing the family friendly trip to the pier.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ohh I would love to go but it's not all my decession, last year at Detroit it wasn't a problem because I didn't bring the family this year I have a balancing act in keeping them happy too. My kids are 11 and 15 years old so the child care services won't work in my case and who wants to pay $62 a plate for 2 complaining kids.
Murray,

I quite understand - family always entails compromise to keep everybody happy!:) We'll come up with some recommendations for proper Chicago-style diners.

Dave J.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Convention Registration

Dave,

Am I correct that we can mail in our registration as in previous years with a check in lieu of electronic credit card registration as long as it is postmarked prior to the late penalties deadline date?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Dave,

Am I correct that we can mail in our registration as in previous years with a check in lieu of electronic credit card registration as long as it is postmarked prior to the late penalties deadline date?
Cheryl,

yes, that is fine. You can register by filling out the printed form which is on the back inside cover of each Alfa Owner, and mailing it to the stated address with a check. Another way to do it is to go through the on-line registration process up until the point where you would pay using credit card or Paypal - then just stop there, print out the registration details and mail to us with a check.

The mailing address is as follows:

Dennis Sbertoli
330 N. Park Road
LaGrange Park, IL 60526

Checks should be made payable to 'Chicago AROC'. We will honor the 'early bird' rates for postmarked dates on or before May 16th.:)

Thanks,

Dave J.

81 - 89 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.