4. Brian Shorey: Not sure yet
5. Murray Siert: ‘91 2000 Spider
6. Enrique Zuniga: ‘84 2000 Spider
7. George Schweikle: ‘76 2000 Spider
8. Harmon Waitzman: ’71 1750 Berlina

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Thanks, Carm! You're answers were exactly what I was looking for... It looks like these activities are what my better half was hoping they would be! :) I guess there's also plenty of time to get all the details, and it makes perfect sense to wait for The Owner that always covers the convention in detail... (I promise to be patient. :rolleyes:) However, this is the first time ever that my wife has actually looked at the activities ahead of time, and she is beginning to look forward to this gathering. Now that she knows that the River Tour ends at Autobahn, she wants to drive my (err,.. our) Spider around the track! :eek:

Best regards,

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
This is the first time ever that my wife has actually looked at the activities ahead of time, and she is beginning to look forward to this gathering.
Best regards,
My wife, kids and I are doing the buus trip to Chicago too.............. Hope to see you on the bus.

Maybe we could get are wifes and kids together so we could have a night out with the boy's? :D:D:D

You know Old John and Budsy will want to hot rod around one night.:D

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
...Hope to see you on the bus.

Maybe we could get are wifes and kids together so we could have a night out with the boy's? :D:D:D

You won't see me on the bus, Murray... :( That bus trip starts at 9 AM Friday morning, and I'll be at the autocross. It's good however, because I can be at the autocross all day and then have time to wash my car for the concours, while my wife is sightseeing in Chicago. :) I'm sure she'll be pretty tired by the time she gets back, but I'll be ready for a night out with the boys, which may very well be the hotel parking lot! :D

Best regards,

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 · (Edited)
My wife, kids and I are doing the buus trip to Chicago too.............. Hope to see you on the bus.

You can create a hell ofa racket on lower Wacker Drive. Murray, make sure you bring your camera to strap on your Spider, the sound under there is second to none. Besides, you better hope I don't bring my bad a*s 1750 GTV because you will not hear your own car!:D

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Wow nice sound, So you guy's have tunnels? If we pass people fast enough they may think were a hugh bumble bee!:D:D:D

I'll have the helmat cam mounted for sure for that road trip, that would make a nice vido.

Check out my dyno video below and the "short street video" link at the bottom of my post to get an idea of how loud my beast is.:D :D :D

My dyno run:

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Hmm....

Do I sense another re-make of "Rendevous" ?:D

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
More Cars!

BIG RACE Updated List:

1. Wil Painter (CA): ’66 Giulia Sprint GTV #36
2. Erik Wood (MO): ’66 Giulia Sprint GTV #9
3. Andy Besic (IL): ’69 1750 GTV #91
4. Ken Girard (IL): ’71 1750 Spider #38
5. Rick Clemente (NM): ’67 Giulia Sprint GTV (GTA replica) #33
6. Eliot Shanabrook (MA): ’74 2000 GTV #28
7. Charles Kingsley (IL): ’67 Giulia GT Junior #330
8. Mike Besic (IL): ’69 1750 Duetto #50
9. Mike Cudahy (WI): ’76 Alfetta GT #73
10. Rock Meskauskas (IN): ’78 Spider #90
11. Rod Beer (IN): ’69 GTV #51
12. Stephen Fog (CT): ’72 GTV (GTAM replica) #17
13. Bernardo Martinez (VA): ’67 GTV # 24
14. Roman Tucker (MI): ’64 Ti Super (X–Winkler/Van der Vate USRRV)#27
15. Roman Tucker (MI): ’65 GTA ( X –’70 /’71 Lee Midgley Trans Am) # 93
16. Roberto Reina (WI): ’81 Spider Veloce #23
17. Filippo Reina (WI): ’84 GTV6 #20

AROC TIME TRIAL Updated List:

1. John Hicks (KY): ‘73 2000 GTV
2. Bernardo Martinez (VA): ’67 GTV
3. Peter Diamantes (NJ): '66 GTV
4. Brian Shorey (MA): Not sure yet
5. Murray Siert (NE): ‘91 2000 Spider
6. Enrique Zuniga (NJ): ‘84 2000 Spider
7. George Schweikle (KY): ‘76 2000 Spider
8. Harmon Waitzman (OH): ’71 1750 Berlina
9. Brad Mellor (VA): ’85 GTV6
10. John Justus (MO): ’71 1750 GTV

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Include AlfaBB "handles" on Name Tags?

Not sure if it's been considered, but I would recommend adding our AlfaBB "handles" on the nametags for the convention. There are a lot of people that I would like to meet in person after "conversing" with them through this BB for the past few years. Unfortunately, the only way I know of them is through the names they use on this board. In my case, I'm sure people know of me as "peglegtom", but would not have the foggiest idea of who I am by my normal name.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Shoot...

I'll just look for a guy named Tom who walks with a limp.;)

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
2008 Convention Thread / BB Avatars or Handles

Not sure if it's been considered, but I would recommend adding our AlfaBB "handles" on the nametags for the convention. There are a lot of people that I would like to meet in person after "conversing" with them through this BB for the past few years. Unfortunately, the only way I know of them is through the names they use on this board. In my case, I'm sure people know of me as "peglegtom", but would not have the foggiest idea of who I am by my normal name.

Thanks!
The suggestion was not made soon enough last year to implement adding this to the AROC name tags. A few of us, I know Pat Garrett and I both did, came through last year and made our own avatars and pinned them to our lanyards or clothing as a clue to who we are. We are probably two of the people that least needed them in the overall perspective. ;) I intend to wear mine again this year and depending on the day, you might find me with a shirt that has Jerry's cartoon #12 on the back. FTR, I asked permission to use it and I was warned that I might have trouble keeping the shirt on my back due to requests for it. I guess, I'll have to find some cute, strong, young guy, to make sure I don't lose my shirt. ;)

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
I'll be the conventioneer with antlers;)

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
Any word on if anyone is going to show up with a 164Q? Might be fun to have a line up of some Q's just for a photo op. :D I am going to bring the '94Q, as the wife and I made the decision to go.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Last year my wife had agreed to drive our 164Q to the convention, since it was only 5 hours from our house in Ohio, but as we got closer to the date the idea became less appealing, and she decided that she wanted to ride with me in the '84 Spider... Same for this year - she thinks we only need one car for the events... :rolleyes:

Best regards,

41 - 60 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.