Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2008 Convention will take place in Chicago. We have a lot of things planned, give a few weeks and we will have a 12 page booklet updated with dates and activities. Once in a while check into our website at www.caroc.com, we will continue to have updates and the Owner will begin to gather info from us to showcase to all members. For now, those planning on visiting, leave June 19, 20, 21 & 22nd open. A June Convention in Chicago will make both visitors and our Alfas happier in regards to weather.

A presto,
Carmelo La Spina
CAROC President

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
The convention wheel to wheel race registration is open now but nothing on the TT yet as far as I can see?
Merry Christmas Murray!

"The Big Race" is separate to the Convention registration. We hope to have the Convention registration open right around the new year. Keep ckecking in though, when it does open, I have a feeling the TT event is going to go FAST.;)

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i205.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid205.photobucket.com/albums/bb48/chisidici/100_2926.flv"></embed>

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i205.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid205.photobucket.com/albums/bb48/chisidici/100_1637.flv"></embed>

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Murray,

Have you visited the "BIG RACE" site? Go to Alfa Enduro Race 2008 Home

Click the "Where" and you can view the recently added video clip of Andy Besic's GTV running the north track.

From what I can tell, he's using 2nd gear on N2, then third gear thru N3-N4-
N5, back down to 2nd gear thru N6, never gets into fourth on the straight, down to 2nd gear on N7, third on N8 and follows thru into 4th just after N1. Andy's car is probably a bad example for those of us with regular modified engines and without modified gearboxes. Take a peak at the video, it's sounds pretty cool too!;)

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ya that gearing is the same as I thought except for not getting to 4th on that straight (must be his high rev limite and gearing, The link didn't work for me???

Simply click here: Alfa Enduro Race 2008 Home

and that will take you directly to the site. Or do you mean the "link" for the video. For the video, it will run on Quick Time, if you do not have it downloaded, go to the "Where" page, look for click "here" at the bottom of the page just below "video" and download it, it takes minutes.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Let's Use This Thread for the Convention

Hi guys, I just posted this in another thread. From now on, I'll try to use this thread to post all Convention stuff.

The hotel info. was forwarded to National but the link never made it on CAROC's registration form. Thanks to you guys, that link is being corrected as we speak. The hotel is also getting a new as*h*ole as we speak.

The rates are as follows (we worked extremely hard in getting these rates locked:

Single occupancy: $119.00 per night
Double occupancy: $129.00 per night

It's a Marriot Resort and has practically everything including a golf course and a car wash (NOT).

Please continue to let us know what else goes wrong.

It's probably a good idea to respond on the CAROC thread from now on, that way it will be easier to track down info. and correct.

Thanks again to all,
Carm

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
Hi guys, I just posted this in another thread. From now on, I'll try to use this thread to post all Convention stuff.

The hotel info. was forwarded to National but the link never made it on CAROC's registration form. Thanks to you guys, that link is being corrected as we speak. The hotel is also getting a new as*h*ole as we speak.

The rates are as follows (we worked extremely hard in getting these rates locked:

Single occupancy: $119.00 per night
Double occupancy: $129.00 per night

It's a Marriot Resort and has practically everything including a golf course and a car wash (NOT).

Please continue to let us know what else goes wrong.

It's probably a good idea to respond on the CAROC thread from now on, that way it will be easier to track down info. and correct.

Thanks again to all,
Carm
For those that have already registered please go to this link again:
CAROC | Events | Alfa Romeo National Convention 2008

Please note that for HOTEL REGISTRATION, you must call the
following (800) 228-9290 , do not forget to mention that you are registering for the Alfa Romeo Convention in June.

You guys are going to love it. We negotiated a great deal!:D

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I got my hotel reservation! :) I requested the Presidential Suite, but they told me it wasn't available at the discount rate. So, I asked how did they expect to attract us VIPs with our fancy cars? :rolleyes:

Carm,
The discount rate applies starting Wednesday, the 18th... I would arrive on Tuesday, but I'd have to pay the $239. I don't believe the majority would be interested in getting their by Tuesday, but I would think that BoD members, and us "BoD meeting party-goers" :D, would like to arrive on the 17th...

Best regards,

Good point Enrique, we are working on that right now. We should not have a problem.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
We are waiting?

BIG RACE Updated List:

Wil Painter (CA): ’66 Giulia Sprint GTV #36
Erik Wood (MO): ’66 Giulia Sprint GTV #9
Andy Besic (IL): ’69 1750 GTV #91
Ken Girard (IL): ’71 1750 Spider #38
Rick Clemente (NM): ’67 Giulia Sprint GTV (GTA replica) #33
Eliot Shanabrook (MA): ’74 2000 GTV #28
Charles Kingsley (IL): ’67 Giulia GT Junior #330
Mike Besic (IL): ’69 1750 Duetto #50
Mike Cudahy (WI): ’76 Alfetta GT #73
Rock Meskauskas (IN): ’78 Spider #90
Rod Beer (IN): ’69 GTV #51
Stephen Fog (CT): ’72 GTV (GTAM replica) #17

AROC TIME TRIAL Updated List:

John Hicks: ‘73 2000 GTV
Bernardo Martinez: ’67 GTV
Peter Diamantes: '66 GTV
Brian Shorey: Not sure yet
Murray Siert: ‘91 2000 Spider
Enrique Zuniga: ‘84 2000 Spider
George Schweikle: ‘76 2000 Spider

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Hi Tom, bring an Alfa and enjoy some good food for a change.;):D

Really, Autobahn is a better suited for Alfa Romeos. Our club has runs Road America every year for the last 25 odd years and that hasn't brought out many members from the Wisconsin chapter. We need as many neighbors as we can get for this Convention, it's going to be a great party and you don't need to drive across the country.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Hi Carm,

Could someone expand a bit on the following two events, or point us to a web site:
Illinois River Valley Tour
Thursday, June 19 (9 AM - 1:00 PM).
Tour ends at Autobahn.
Free touring at Autobahn is included in price!

Bus Trip to Chicago
Friday, June 20 (9 AM - 4:15 PM)​
Also, what is meant by "free touring at Autobahn"? Does it mean that if my wife signs up for this, she could drive the parade laps?
Is there a synopsis of what Chicago spots would be part of the Bus Trip?

Best regards,
The coming "Owner will have some info. on each event. The River Valley Tour happens on the same morning of the Time Trial Event and ends at the Autobahn Track. If you sign up for it, the fee will include free touring during the lunch break at Autobahn.

The regular "Bus Trip to Downtown Chicago", entails being dropped off at the heart of the City and taking the afternoon to enjoy the landscape at your own leisure. If you stick around, the "Skyline Boat Cruise" will go into the night.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
More Track Updates

BIG RACE Updated List:

1. Wil Painter (CA): ’66 Giulia Sprint GTV #36
2. Erik Wood (MO): ’66 Giulia Sprint GTV #9
3. Andy Besic (IL): ’69 1750 GTV #91
4. Ken Girard (IL): ’71 1750 Spider #38
5. Rick Clemente (NM): ’67 Giulia Sprint GTV (GTA replica) #33
6. Eliot Shanabrook (MA): ’74 2000 GTV #28
7. Charles Kingsley (IL): ’67 Giulia GT Junior #330
8. Mike Besic (IL): ’69 1750 Duetto #50
9. Mike Cudahy (WI): ’76 Alfetta GT #73
10. Rock Meskauskas (IN): ’78 Spider #90
11. Rod Beer (IN): ’69 GTV #51
12. Stephen Fog (CT): ’72 GTV (GTAM replica) #17
13. Bernardo Martinez (VA): ’67 GTV # 24
14. Roman Tucker (MI): ’64 Ti Super # 27
15. Roman Tucker (MI): ’65 GTA ( X –’70 /’71 Lee Midgley Trans Am) # 93

1. John Hicks: ‘73 2000 GTV
2. Bernardo Martinez: ’67 GTV
3. Peter Diamantes: '66 GTV
4. Brian Shorey: Not sure yet
5. Murray Siert: ‘91 2000 Spider
6. Enrique Zuniga: ‘84 2000 Spider
7. George Schweikle: ‘76 2000 Spider
8. Harmon Waitzman: ’71 1750 Berlina

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 · (Edited)
My wife, kids and I are doing the buus trip to Chicago too.............. Hope to see you on the bus.

Maybe we could get are wifes and kids together so we could have a night out with the boy's? :D:D:D

You know Old John and Budsy will want to hot rod around one night.:D

You can create a hell ofa racket on lower Wacker Drive. Murray, make sure you bring your camera to strap on your Spider, the sound under there is second to none. Besides, you better hope I don't bring my bad a*s 1750 GTV because you will not hear your own car!:D

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
More Cars!

BIG RACE Updated List:

1. Wil Painter (CA): ’66 Giulia Sprint GTV #36
2. Erik Wood (MO): ’66 Giulia Sprint GTV #9
3. Andy Besic (IL): ’69 1750 GTV #91
4. Ken Girard (IL): ’71 1750 Spider #38
5. Rick Clemente (NM): ’67 Giulia Sprint GTV (GTA replica) #33
6. Eliot Shanabrook (MA): ’74 2000 GTV #28
7. Charles Kingsley (IL): ’67 Giulia GT Junior #330
8. Mike Besic (IL): ’69 1750 Duetto #50
9. Mike Cudahy (WI): ’76 Alfetta GT #73
10. Rock Meskauskas (IN): ’78 Spider #90
11. Rod Beer (IN): ’69 GTV #51
12. Stephen Fog (CT): ’72 GTV (GTAM replica) #17
13. Bernardo Martinez (VA): ’67 GTV # 24
14. Roman Tucker (MI): ’64 Ti Super (X–Winkler/Van der Vate USRRV)#27
15. Roman Tucker (MI): ’65 GTA ( X –’70 /’71 Lee Midgley Trans Am) # 93
16. Roberto Reina (WI): ’81 Spider Veloce #23
17. Filippo Reina (WI): ’84 GTV6 #20

1. John Hicks (KY): ‘73 2000 GTV
2. Bernardo Martinez (VA): ’67 GTV
3. Peter Diamantes (NJ): '66 GTV
4. Brian Shorey (MA): Not sure yet
5. Murray Siert (NE): ‘91 2000 Spider
6. Enrique Zuniga (NJ): ‘84 2000 Spider
7. George Schweikle (KY): ‘76 2000 Spider
8. Harmon Waitzman (OH): ’71 1750 Berlina
9. Brad Mellor (VA): ’85 GTV6
10. John Justus (MO): ’71 1750 GTV

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
For registration and other info go to CAROC.com

For general question view all events thread on this BB in the CAROC section

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Any Q's

YES! Mi buddy Tony Cavaliere "Amico on the BB" has a beautiful Q. He's a Convention organizer and he will be there.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.