Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Registration should be open after the New Year.
I'm registering as soon as the web site allows it. :) I haven't seen the web site name anywhere... Has it been announced yet? (I know, I know,... I am impatient, but it is in a good way... ;))

Best regards,

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
I just completed my registration on-line... Fast and easy - great job CAROC! :) The '84 Spider will participate in the TT, autocross, and concours. Plus, she will driven to the convention! :D

Carm,
You may want to let the person in charge of the online registration know that he/she needs to have a banquet meal choice per attendee. Right now you can only select one choice per registration... (And my wife doesn't usually go for the "cholesterol groups". :D)

Best regards,

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Murray,

Yes, of course I got a receipt from Paypal. I would bet that you really didn't get your registration processed... This is how it should go:
  1. Place your order by selecting all the "numbers in the boxes".
  2. Click on "Order Now".
  3. Fill in the "Registration Information".
  4. Click on "Checkout with PayPal"
  5. The PayPal Logon Screen will show up AND you must enter your Paypal id and password. (This is the step that seems to have failed based on your description.)
  6. The PayPal payment screen will show up, with the $$ Total.
  7. Approve the payment.
  8. PayPal will return a confirmation/transaction number, and indicate that you should get an e-mail.
Check your e-mail, and you have nothing from Paypal, then try it again...

Best regards,

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Murray,
I just sent you a PM...

Best regards,

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
We'll see about that Bud, Enrique and I may have some surprises for you. :D:D:D
For you Bud, and for the "baby seal hunter"! Just note that you got a minuscule taste at registration! :D:D:D

Best regards,

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
For those that have already registered please go to this link again:
CAROC | Events | Alfa Romeo National Convention 2008

Please note that for HOTEL REGISTRATION, you must call the
following (800) 228-9290 , do not forget to mention that you are registering for the Alfa Romeo Convention in June.

You guys are going to love it. We negotiated a great deal!:D
I got my hotel reservation! :) I requested the Presidential Suite, but they told me it wasn't available at the discount rate. So, I asked how did they expect to attract us VIPs with our fancy cars? :rolleyes:

Carm,
The discount rate applies starting Wednesday, the 18th... I would arrive on Tuesday, but I'd have to pay the $239. I don't believe the majority would be interested in getting their by Tuesday, but I would think that BoD members, and us "BoD meeting party-goers" :D, would like to arrive on the 17th...

Best regards,

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
... What their rational was, I'm not sure, as its only about a 2 hour drive from hotel. ...
I don't know about driving two hours each way... Tech inspection opens at 7 AM, so that would mean leaving by 5 AM, which means being up earlier than that. Then returning after the GTA reunion race that ends at 8 PM, means that we'd be lucky to be back by 10:30 PM. Conventions don't have a leisurely schedule for those of us who take part in the TT, autocross and concours, so I much prefer a track that is as close to the hotel as possible... Just my thoughts, as a mere enthusiastic participant... :)

Best regards,

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Hi Carm,

Could someone expand a bit on the following two events, or point us to a web site:
Illinois River Valley Tour
Thursday, June 19 (9 AM - 1:00 PM).
Tour ends at Autobahn.
Free touring at Autobahn is included in price!

Bus Trip to Chicago
Friday, June 20 (9 AM - 4:15 PM)​
Also, what is meant by "free touring at Autobahn"? Does it mean that if my wife signs up for this, she could drive the parade laps?
Is there a synopsis of what Chicago spots would be part of the Bus Trip?

Best regards,

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Thanks, Carm! You're answers were exactly what I was looking for... It looks like these activities are what my better half was hoping they would be! :) I guess there's also plenty of time to get all the details, and it makes perfect sense to wait for The Owner that always covers the convention in detail... (I promise to be patient. :rolleyes:) However, this is the first time ever that my wife has actually looked at the activities ahead of time, and she is beginning to look forward to this gathering. Now that she knows that the River Tour ends at Autobahn, she wants to drive my (err,.. our) Spider around the track! :eek:

Best regards,

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
...Hope to see you on the bus.

Maybe we could get are wifes and kids together so we could have a night out with the boy's? :D:D:D

You know Old John and Budsy will want to hot rod around one night.:D
You won't see me on the bus, Murray... :( That bus trip starts at 9 AM Friday morning, and I'll be at the autocross. It's good however, because I can be at the autocross all day and then have time to wash my car for the concours, while my wife is sightseeing in Chicago. :) I'm sure she'll be pretty tired by the time she gets back, but I'll be ready for a night out with the boys, which may very well be the hotel parking lot! :D

Best regards,

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Last year my wife had agreed to drive our 164Q to the convention, since it was only 5 hours from our house in Ohio, but as we got closer to the date the idea became less appealing, and she decided that she wanted to ride with me in the '84 Spider... Same for this year - she thinks we only need one car for the events... :rolleyes:

Best regards,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.