Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 14 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Merry Christmas Murray!

"The Big Race" is separate to the Convention registration. We hope to have the Convention registration open right around the new year. Keep ckecking in though, when it does open, I have a feeling the TT event is going to go FAST.;)

<>
Merry Christmas to you too Chi SI Dici and a Happy New Year,

I plan to sign up for the TT as soon as the resigter is open, hope I get in! BTW have you been on the north track? Any advise to how to drive it?

I have watch a race video of it on YouTube and down loaded the track layout. It looks like there are two 2nd gear corners, any in-sight to what corners that can get you in trouble? Is there any grade changes or off camber corners that doesn't show up in the video's?

Here is one version of "the line" and what gear to be in on each corner what do you think? The gearing is based on an older 911 that was in the YouTube video, the line is just a nice easy way around the track that works out on paper.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Hi Murray,

Click the "Where" and you can view the recently added video clip of Andy Besic's GTV running the north track.

;)
Ya that gearing is close to what I thought except for not getting to 4th on that straight and going to 2nd in N7 instead of 3rd (must be his high rev limit and gearing, The link didn't work for me???

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Well..........I'm not using Paypal. I'm trying to buy using my Visa card without going through Paypal, it keeps saying they can't take it?

Is there any way to register without having to go through Paypay?

Murray,

Yes, of course I got a receipt from Paypal. I would bet that you really didn't get your registration processed... This is how it should go:
  1. Place your order by selecting all the "numbers in the boxes".
  2. Click on "Order Now".
  3. Fill in the "Registration Information".
  4. Click on "Checkout with PayPal"
  5. The PayPal Logon Screen will show up AND you must enter your Paypal id and password. (This is the step that seems to have failed based on your description.)
  6. The PayPal payment screen will show up, with the $$ Total.
  7. Approve the payment.
  8. PayPal will return a confirmation/transaction number, and indicate that you should get an e-mail.
Check your e-mail, and you have nothing from Paypal, then try it again...

Best regards,

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
I'm registered...........................Thanks Enrique for helping me out and sorry for the ear full I gave you on Paypal (I updated my information it seemed they had an old card #)

It was painless to register once I clear up the account #. Nice job guys!

PS
John you'll never catch the baby seal.:D

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Zun, Msiert:

I see you guys beat me to be the first to get registered for the Chicago National Convention. John M+ is so far behind, he doesn't even know there is a convention. Well, Registration will be the only thing you beat me at! Same for John M+ too! I'm looking for some red meat.\\

Bud

?
We'll see about that Bud, Enrique and I may have some surprises for you. :D:D:D

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
This is the first time ever that my wife has actually looked at the activities ahead of time, and she is beginning to look forward to this gathering.
Best regards,
My wife, kids and I are doing the buus trip to Chicago too.............. Hope to see you on the bus.

Maybe we could get are wifes and kids together so we could have a night out with the boy's? :D:D:D

You know Old John and Budsy will want to hot rod around one night.:D

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Wow nice sound, So you guy's have tunnels? If we pass people fast enough they may think were a hugh bumble bee!:D:D:D

I'll have the helmat cam mounted for sure for that road trip, that would make a nice vido.

Check out my dyno video below and the "short street video" link at the bottom of my post to get an idea of how loud my beast is.:D :D :D

My dyno run:

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Hi Carm,

While my family and I are attending most activities we are not going to the Banquet's or Sunday brunch (because of the kids) are there some good local Chicago dinier's that are somewhat close to the hotel?

Not looking for any chains or any place that you have to dress up for but something that is causual and can only be found in Chicago.

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
If you still decide to pass after my valiant sales effort:confused:, then we should be able to advise on a suitable venue for family dining. We don't have details available as yet, but if you ask at the registration desk they can give you a list of options.

Best regards,

Dave J.
Hi Dave,

Ohh I would love to go but it's not all my decession, last year at Detroit it wasn't a problem because I didn't bring the family this year I have a balancing act in keeping them happy too. My kids are 11 and 15 years old so the child care services won't work in my case and who wants to pay $62 a plate for 2 complaining kids. :mad:

So my wife wants to take that time to eat out in Chicago.

We are doing the family friendly trip to the pier.

1 - 14 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.