Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone!:

2007 VOLCANO RUN -- Mount Vernon to Mount Baker WA -- Saturday August 25, 2007

No gimmicks, no trick questions, no tests of superhuman strength….

Nope, just a relaxing drive from Mount Vernon to Mount Baker in your prized Alfa (or other fine sports car). Enjoy the beginning of the fall colors as you wind your way past Lake Whatcom to Highway 9 and along the Nooksack River through the North Cascades on the Mount Baker Highway. It should take about 2 ½ hours to end up in Austin Pass at the Artist’s Point Vista in the heart of the Mount Baker Ski Area and we should get a great view of Mount Baker and Mount Shuksan from there. Don’t forget your cameras!

It all starts with great coffee and breakfast, if you wish, between 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM on Saturday morning, August 25, at the Buzz Inn on the west side of I-5 at Exit 225 (College Way) in Mount Vernon. We will have a packet with maps, driving directions and points of interest, plus maybe a few other goodies. We leave Mount Vernon at 10:00 AM and should be back by 4 PM. We end up at Il Granaio, a terrific genuine Italian restaurant for a get-together on their deck off Exit 224 at 4 PM. Toast your adventures or enjoy a mouth-watering, upscale authentic Italian dinner. (www.granaio.com). It’s a great chance to get-together, stretch your Alfa’s legs while showing off our cars and NWARC at a couple of highly visible locations! Also, each participant gets one of the new and very cool NW ALFA T-Shirts courtesy of members Tony and Sharon Crosetto. For more info call Dan Hewitt in Mount Vernon WA at (360) 770-5446.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks to everyone who made the Volcano Run such a fun time yesterday. First, thanks to Merril Gordon who gave great support and encouragement to me as I thought this through and moved it forward. Dave and Jane Emerson also contributed their expertise with driving route planner templates and advice to make the workload a lot easier. They were very communicative and also came up with several spur of the moment fun opportunities along the drive. Special thanks to Sharon and Tony Crosetto for the really neat NW AROC T-Shirts each of us received. You should defintely take a minute and visit their website at
www.1stimpressionsembroidery.com.

And to my wife, Denise, who braved the fresh-air and occasional drizzles with the top down and for planning and fixing up some nice treats for us at the top of the misty mountain.

Lastly, thanks to all the participants who showed up and had fun driving their Alfas on the entertaining roads. If you're feeling like you missed out, get your e-mail address to the NW AROC webmaster so you don't miss the next great activity. And consider planning a drive or other activity yourself. I kind of always wanted to do something like this and it was fun and not really difficult at all because the support was so great.

Thanks again to everyone,
Dan Hewitt

·
Registered
347 Posts
How about pictures for those that couldn't make it?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Thanks

Thanks for running a great trip in spite of the NW rainshine. Thanks to Sharon Crosetto for providing T-shirts. If you're looking for pictures Joe Fenstermaker was taking the most. He's on his way back to the yard, Harvard Yard that is.
Emmo

·
Registered
263 Posts
Pictures

Here's what you missed except these were taken on other trips. First the highway above Heather Meadows then more road just below Artist Point. Then two pictures with weather somewhat better than we got. From Heather Meadows to the top we got socked in completely. Below that not too bad a day.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts