Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was glancing through the New England AROC website, I noticed in the events section an advertisement for the 2007 Stonybrook Concorso to be held on Sept 9th.

Here is the ad: The Center for Italian Studies at Stony Brook University is again presenting the Stony Brook Concorso d’Eleganza on Sunday, September 9th, from 10 am to 2 pm (rain date: Sunday, September 23rd) on the University grounds on Long Island. This celebration of Italian automotive excellence and beauty is an opportunity for owners of Italian automobiles to participate in a display of some of the finest automobiles from Italy. Lunch will be provided to participants by Oggi Jewelers of NYC. If you are interested in joining this year’s event with your Italian vehicle, email [email protected] or call 631-632-7444 for information and a registration form.

Is anyone going to this event?? I was thinking of making the trip down from CT. Also, is anyone going to the Fairfield County Gold Coast Concours in CT?? I will be there, so if you are coming to CT let me know.

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
This is the second time the Stony Brook Concorso d'Eleganza has been held, and it is a relaxed non-judged event restricted to Italian cars. Last year there were 65 cars in attendance, ranging from a Fiat Abarth to a Ferrari Enzo. There is no entry fee, and lunch will be provided to all participants and their guests. If you plan to attend, be sure to call 631-632-7444 and request, then submit, the registration form, so that we know how many lunches to provide.

The location of the Concorso d'Eleganza is only four miles from the Bridgeport & Port Jefferson Ferry Terminal in Port Jefferson. From the terminal take Route 25A west and then Nicolls Road (Route 97) south. The main entrance to the University is the second entrance on the right. Use the main entrance and follow the signs to the Sports Complex located on John S. Toll Drive. The Concorso d'Eleganza will be held on the lawn directly across from the Sports Complex.

For those coming LI, NYC or NJ, take the LIE to exit 62 and follow Nicolls Road (Route 97) north for approximately 9 miles. The main entrance to the University is the second entrance on the left. Use the main entrance and follow the signs to the Sports Complex located on John S. Toll Drive. The Concorso d'Eleganza will be held on the lawn directly across from the Sports Complex.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bob,

Are you going to Stonybrook this year?? Also, did you enter your beautiful cars in the Fairfield County Gold Coast Concours in Westport on Sept. 16th??
If you are going, then I will see you there.

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Anthony,

Last year I took all four Alfas to the Stony Brook Concorso since I then lived in Stony Brook. But since I now live in Litchfield I'll just take one, probably the '59 Sprint. Where is the Fairfield County event?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bob,

I saw all your cars last year, they are spectactular. Welcome to CT, I am in Stamford since 2001 and originally from LI. The Fairfield Concours is at the Fairfield County Hunt Club in Westport.

Here is the website: www.fairfieldcountygoldcoastconcours.com/
The contact person to enter your car(s) is Bill Scheffler: [email protected]

Hope to see you there.

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Hey Fred (lowmileage), you're just jealous because you don't have a heated four-car garage in Connecticut. On another matter, there will be a upcoming NYAROC event when you will be able to view that garage. Look forward to seeing you, and if you don't behave yourself I''ll have your Connecticut Visitor's Visa revoked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts