Alfa Romeo Forums banner

2007 AROC Convention - When are you arriving?

• I'll be there before Aug 1st

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • I'll be there by Wed, Aug 1st (BOD meeting)

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I'll be there by Thurs, Aug 2nd (Time Trials, Party)

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I'll be there by Fri, Aug 3rd (Autocross, and more)

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • I'll be there by Sat, Aug 4th (Concours, Banquet)

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the national AROC convention which will be held in Detroit, MI, is just a few weeks away. Registration, without any late fees, ends after July 1st. I'd like to see a show of hands to see who's going.

Best regards,

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Well, the national AROC convention which will be held in Detroit, MI, is just a few weeks away. Registration, without any late fees, ends after July 1st. I'd like to see a show of hands to see who's going.

Best regards,
Your poll does not have a selection for: I won't be there

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Andrew,

THANK YOU.. for being a sponsor. And, do you know if the Fiat Freakout will have an autocross?

And,
I am going to both the Alfa Convention and the FLU Freak Out the week before. I am also sponsoring the Autocross.

·
Registered
460 Posts
This AROC convention is a time to enjoy everything Alfa and our way to show our support for the club. This year we stepped up and we able to afford to sponser the Autocross.

At Freak Out, there will be an autocross on July 29th. If they will not let Alfas run at Freak Out, I will have to borrow a Fiat for the event.

Hope to see everyone there.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
We will be there sometime late Wednesday afternoon........so we can watch the track action on Thursday!!:D

Should be a great time, looking forward to it.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I *suppose* I'll be there.... but I'll be there starting Sunday afternoon. I guess Ines and I should find out more about the freak out autocross- if they are close, we should run.

We've got some super sponsors and donators for this event! Andrew has donaed something very, very speical which I won't divuge at the moment (if you want to, feel free to!). But please visit our website and check out our sponsors page! (thanks Hagerty, IAP, Riacambi, Garcia Alfa Racing, Performatek, Black Barts, AJS Design, Ingram, Besic, Trail Auto, Sports Car Market, Off Course Racewear, Auto Italia Sportiva, Re-Originals, Centerline, Vick, and RML- sorry- have to plug the people making it possible to do this for a reasonable cost to you).

And the FLU guys should be very happy letting us run- WE (AROC Dertroit) hosted their autocross last year- they are a GREAT group of people!!! Super nice!

If you are not coming- you'll miss one of the rare confluences of all 3 BAT cars!!!! :D

BTW, our goal is for you to have fun. Not to be the greatest ever, or anything like that. Conventions are gatherings of people and cars to have fun and celebrate our love of Alfa Romeos.

Eric

P.S. Sorry about our message board- we are being attacked by spammers in a manner that I can't control... :mad:

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Zunige!,

You left out the LHMM.
You're right - I should have mentioned this!

LMHH = Lake Huron Mille Miglia, which is the three-day pre-convention tour that will take place July 29 - 31.

Best regards,

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
No Eric, I do not want to let the cat out of the bag . Let interested parties either check the Convention website or show up to the convention.
:D:D:D

Do note, RML donated someing really cool, too, for the door prizes. (also listed on the sponsor web page)

Actually, we are also looking at a donation of some very interesting books about significant Alfa history and South America- we are very excited about those, too.

Eric

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
2007 Convention (August 1 - 5) - Who's Going?

I *suppose* I'll be there.... but I'll be there starting Sunday afternoon. I guess Ines and I should find out more about the freak out autocross- if they are close, we should run.

We've got some super sponsors and donators for this event! Andrew has donaed something very, very speical which I won't divuge at the moment (if you want to, feel free to!). But please visit our website and check out our sponsors page! (thanks Hagerty, IAP, Riacambi, Garcia Alfa Racing, Performatek, Black Barts, AJS Design, Ingram, Besic, Trail Auto, Sports Car Market, Off Course Racewear, Auto Italia Sportiva, Re-Originals, Centerline, Vick, and RML- sorry- have to plug the people making it possible to do this for a reasonable cost to you).

And the FLU guys should be very happy letting us run- WE (AROC Dertroit) hosted their autocross last year- they are a GREAT group of people!!! Super nice!

If you are not coming- you'll miss one of the rare confluences of all 3 BAT cars!!!! :D

BTW, our goal is for you to have fun. Not to be the greatest ever, or anything like that. Conventions are gatherings of people and cars to have fun and celebrate our love of Alfa Romeos.

Eric

P.S. Sorry about our message board- we are being attacked by spammers in a manner that I can't control... :mad:
Eric:

Thank you for your post --- you might want to share the bold, italicized type above with a few others on the board who seem to have a different opinion of what "we" should be allowed to do and who want to control whom we associate with while at the convention, all while we're supposedly having fun, enjoying others company, and our Alfas.

Zunige said:
You're right - I should have mentioned this!

LMHH = Lake Huron Mille Miglia, which is the three-day pre-convention tour that will take place July 29 - 31.
I'm sure it was an innocent oversight on Enrique's part, just trying to keep the poll as simple as possible. He took the initiative and got the job done while others of us discussed it and passed the buck.

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
Thank you for your post --- you might want to share the bold, italicized type above with a few others on the board who seem to have a different opinion of what "we" should be allowed to do and who want to control whom we associate with while at the convention, all while we're supposedly having fun, enjoying others company, and our Alfas.
'Control who we associate with'? Ok, I'll bite, what the heck are we talking about? I've been to numerous conventions, and nobody has ever tried to 'control who I associate with'.

???

bs

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
Someone stated earlier that in the past, "unsanctioned" get togethers were frowned on by event organizers.
I've heard it mentioned, but I'd like to see who's actually doing it. When we hosted the convention in New England, we *encouraged* BB and Digest get togethers. I know Eric responded to this post recommending a time for a BB get together.

The only indication I've seen is Brewsters post, but is he speaking for the club, or the organizers? I hope not!

bs

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
Because it's about who IS going that's why you can't find it.
Who is interested in the NOT go'ers

Thanks.
Well, the thread title asks 'Who's Going"? To me, this means that a response is requested from both those who will be attending and those who will not.

And dare I say that there are scores of people who are disappointed that Jaci and I will not be attending.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
...And dare I say that there are scores of people who are disappointed that Jaci and I will not be attending.
Oh, Jim?!... I didn't realize you weren't going, and I am truly disappointed... Last time I spoke with Peter D., he told me about his offer and that you were going to go. I can certainly understand if you just don't feel like going due to the theft, but if that's not the case, I hope you'll change your mind...

Best regards,

1 - 20 of 126 Posts