Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This 2004 Spider with MA title in hand, is probably the only one in the US with this 916 updated face-lift which was done in 2003. Charcoal Black Metallic, 55923 Miles, just serviced with clutch, new tires an full tune up. Features the rare 24 valve 3 liter 6 cylinder motor. Car is Limited MOMO edition, with MOMO Grey leather interior, steering wheel and special wheels. Normal option as well such as full power, AC, Full power top etc. Complete with all original books, tools, first aid kit etc. Asking $22,999 located in South Shore MA about a half hour from Boston

Attachments

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hmmmm....Just a couple hours away........?????

·
2015 Chevy (Holden) SS, 1989 Milano (Shankle Sport), 1991 164S
18,569 Posts
Drove one of these in NZ, was very nice and fast. I cannot figure how it would be legal in the US, though.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
The listing says clear MA title in hand. Therfore all the mystery work involved with getting it in the USA is done. I know I could register it in CT with the title and a bill of sale...

·
2015 Chevy (Holden) SS, 1989 Milano (Shankle Sport), 1991 164S
18,569 Posts
Mass may like it, but the Feds don't, and since they talk to each other nowadays... when will the hammer drop?

Even Bill Gates couldn't keep his special Porsche.

I guess one drives it, and asks forgiveness later? I know there is/was another like it in the NW, a yellow one. Saw it one day at the mechanic's shop.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I have owned several "grey market" vehicles in Oregon. We are talking two strokes from Italy that should have been illegal since 1985. With Oregon, it is not a problem.

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Also, funny how the engine looks the same as my 1994 164LS. Really, no change at all. Not 3.2, no change.
Robert, LOTS of changes there from your motor... New generation with the tighter timing belt path, completely different tensioner, chain driven oil-pump off of the crank, different electronics etc.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Good afternoon,

We spoke on the phone a couple weeks ago. Do you still have the Spider?

Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
2004 Alfa Spider or other 916

I know the post is a year old, but does anyone know if this car sold or what happened to it? I am interested in buying a 916 Spider. I read a blog that someone in Conn. a couple of years ago actually got one imported legally as he was able to get a letter from Fiat/Alfa that it met US DOT/EPA specs. He said the car was originally designed to meet US specs., but Alfa never sold it here.

·
Registered
294 Posts
The car was listed again in Boston Craigslist this past summer. I sent a message but did not get a return. Soon after it was taken off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Finally after a 100 hours of research I found the U.S. Registered Importer who legally imported a 916 Spider. Apparently, Fiat/Alfa built a few of these to US spec. and is willing to vouch for them. Most do not meet specs. but some have the correct air bags - speedo - etc. I will keep you posted as I peel back the layers of the onion. I hope the quest does not bring tears to my eyes in the end. He seemed very knowledgeable, but it may only be a mirage....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.