Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Alfafans,

We have a 1972 2000GTV that was originally intended for the US market but never delivered. There are a number of parts that are difficult to get in Europe.
Since we will be in Florida in December, I wonder if there are any Alfa Classic partshops in Florida....

Anybody with good ideas or even better, a few great addresses to shop for old parts ??

·
Registered
9,417 Posts
You may want to read this thread about the Alfa Romeo Inc warehouse in Orlando, FL. Another AlfaBB user was able to get parts as late as last year. So, you may want to check on their ARI Store web site if they have some of the parts you're looking for (do read the terms and conditions, as they talk about fees and delivery costs).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Allright, thanks for that link.
A bit of a difficult search because they need partnumbers.

Anyone for partnumbers for these under-fender blinkers ?

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
9,417 Posts
I don't have a parts manual to look up numbers (if you don't have it, the CarDisc DVD probably will be very handy), but a quick search for "light" in the ARI store did give some results (although there is nothing relevant in stock).

Then I checked some sources from the Supplier List and found Centerline and IAP both list the side markers. You may want to dig through the supplier list and see if anybody has the parts you need.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
If you want new parts, I would order from IAP or Centerline. If you are ok with used parts, I would just put a post up in the Parts Wanted section of the Forum. The side markers are often removed by US GTV owners in favor of the smaller, earlier round markers, or deleted entirely. I would think someone out there has them collecting dust in their garage and is willing to part ways with them if you cover the S&H. Florida is not an Alfa haven like California, so finding a parts place will be difficult, especially if you are north of Orlando. But if you are near Tallahassee, I will be near there at the end of December and can surely find and bring a couple of the side markers for you in exchange for a cup of coffee and Alfa banter.

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
Tom Turner at First Floor Sports Cars in Jacksonville is not a parts supplier but he has been building,repairing and maintaining Alfas for a long time. He had some donor cars when I visited him a few years ago.

Those side markers should not be hard to find as many people consider them to be ugly and remove them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you want new parts, I would order from IAP or Centerline. If you are ok with used parts, I would just put a post up in the Parts Wanted section of the Forum. The side markers are often removed by US GTV owners in favor of the smaller, earlier round markers, or deleted entirely. I would think someone out there has them collecting dust in their garage and is willing to part ways with them if you cover the S&H. Florida is not an Alfa haven like California, so finding a parts place will be difficult, especially if you are north of Orlando. But if you are near Tallahassee, I will be near there at the end of December and can surely find and bring a couple of the side markers for you in exchange for a cup of coffee and Alfa banter.
Would be most happy to buy you a cupper but we will depart Florida again around the 12th... Thanks for the information by the way ! Much appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tom Turner at First Floor Sports Cars in Jacksonville is not a parts supplier but he has been building,repairing and maintaining Alfas for a long time. He had some donor cars when I visited him a few years ago.

Those side markers should not be hard to find as many people consider them to be ugly and remove them.
I will give Tom a call. Thanks for the information !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts