Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks, since we all have our problems with our cars from time to time, I wanted to remind us all that when treated right, the GTV6 is a bullet-proof fun machine. I took mine on a 2000 mile journey from NYC down to the back roads of North Carolina to drive the Tail of the Dragon, and I never even had to add oil (i checked, don't worry!). My tires are shot now, but my engine sings like a bird. And my 2nd gear still has no synchro ;-)

Enjoy the photos and videos!

Musings about cars, design, history and culture - Automobiliac - Smoky Mountain Shootout with Motoring ConBrio

At one point on the blue ridge parkway, I came across a GTAm replica and a Giulia Sprint, but sadly didn't get a photo..

·
Registered
386 Posts
Nice!

Thanks for sharing the pictures and story. We need more of these types of stories, for sure.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Cool! If I had known you were down this way I could have sent you on a few more really good roads! The BRP is great fun if you can catch it at the right time.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Excellent Brad !! Between us, that wonderful car has seen some great roads,,

·
Registered
146 Posts
That is a great video. I am a bit of a Youtube junkie - I don't think there is an Alfetta or GTV6 video I haven't ever seen but that one was a real treat.

It was cool to get the comparisons of the 2 cars from inside switching back and forth between the BMW and the Alfa. In addition to my Alfetta I have a Mk4 GTI and a Subaru Outback turbo. The video captures the differences in driving these 2 cars perfectly. The BMW images and sound reminds me so much of the GTI. More polished, smooth, refined, but "distant" whereas the Alfa is just raw and mechanical. The noise is so wonderful. The Alfa experience forces you to be engaged and focused and concentrate and it rewards you. Watching you in the GTV6 handling the wheel setting up for each corner while your mate behind the BMW keeps his hands in the same spot and lets the power steering do the work. I can't speak for the BMW but with the GTI its fast but a bit of a yawn. You almost have to manufacture the enthusiasm to drive the GTI with spirit. It can do it but the onus is on you to supply the motivation. The Alfa makes you want to do it - it compels you to.

·
Administrator
17,811 Posts
Nice trip report. I do agree that many NC roads are nice with reasonable speed limits. I'm not sure about your comment that drivers tend to stay in the right lane when not passing. I was gonna suggest the NC DOT stop building right lanes as they are so rarely used...

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys! I am so glad that you enjoyed our video!
Feels great to bring some cool content for such an enthusiast audience. :)

·
Premium Member
2,647 Posts
Nice Video!!! Were there any worries? This year took out my 85 after a 5 year rest. I took it to Dover DE 1800mi. in May with those piece of crap TRX's and then put on some nice tires and driven it to R.I. 700mi twice in 2 weeks. I now got to change the oil!! Well it's been a long time. The ultimate cruser. I wish the speed limit was 85. I just sit back and let it do the driving, I don't know what it is about this Car but either people move out of the way or RACE you. Can one expain this???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts