Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know who makes the factory steel wheels for the Iron Block Touring Spiders? They look like Borrani but I was told they are in fact Fergat.. I was un-able to find any stampings after media cleaning.
Tks Ric

·
Registered
9,732 Posts
I do believe they were produced by Fergat who also produced the Giulietta wheels. I've never seen stampings on them. They may have had stickers like the Giulietta wheels shown in this thread but I don't recall seeing period pictures that would confirm this to be the case on 102 an d 106 cars.

·
Registered
183 Posts
When you look at the holes, they are just like the fish mouth shape of the Fergat wheels of the giuliettas. I think the wheels indeed are Fergat. Both 101 and 102series wheels have the production month and year stamped on the rim.. just my 2 cents.

There are slight differences between the 2000 and 2600 wheels.

2000 wheel: look at the star shape of the wheel center. (the wheel is mounted under a 2600 spider to make it a bit complicated)

A more flat wheel center indicates that this a 2600 wheel. Again mounted on another 2600 spider....

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hi Franco,

The wheel on the first picture, on the lower right, is different to the other 3.
The holes for the wheel bolts are offset and the other 3 wheels showing a more flat hole.

Is this a 1900 wheel?

Ciao,

Marcel

·
Registered
9,732 Posts
The wheel on the first picture, on the lower right, is different to the other 3.
The holes for the wheel bolts are offset and the other 3 wheels showing a more flat hole.
Also, the bolts for the wheel balancing weights seem to be slightly longer or they are mounted at a different angle (slightly further away from the center).

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Hi All,

the four wheels on picture are not mine I took them from the internet

the different fourth wheel I haven't seen before ,

165 x 400 wheels from 102 and 1900 are the same and early 1900 wheel 16" have not the fish mouth holes

rgds Franco

·
Registered
Alfa Romeo 2000 Touring Spider from January 1959
299 Posts
So, the wheels you have for sale on 'marktplaats' are not the ones on the picture accompanying the ad.? Can you please post a picture of the ones you actually have for sale?
Gr., Pieter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts