Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm looking for a nice Alfa 2000 Touring Spider, driver quality or better (but will consider projects if the car is complete). I prefer '60 or earlier but will consider '61 as well. Will pay more for blue and/or hardtop (but all colors considered). If you know of one, or have one you've thought of selling, please let me know!

Thanks,
Andy

·
Push hard and live
9,591 Posts
I would think the hardtop would be useful in Antarctica.

·
Push hard and live
9,591 Posts
An Ebay auction on a 1960 car just ended today at a touch over $50k. Described as driver quality. Missing some parts, others that aren't working. Sounds like you just missed what you were looking for, except not blue.. :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
An Ebay auction on a 1960 car just ended today at a touch over $50k. Described as driver quality. Missing some parts, others that aren't working. Sounds like you just missed what you were looking for, except not blue.. :)
Thanks Don, I looked at that one, but where was I going to find that side trim? Also, too many unknowns as to mileage and condition. But I was tempted :001_unsure:

Are you still enjoying your 2000?

·
Push hard and live
9,591 Posts
I enjoy the 2000 very much. It gets driven regularly, and so far is holding up well with very few signs of road rash. Once I get this Montreal sorted out I plan to uprate the engine in the 2000. This, of course, is making a purse from sow's ear, but it amuses me.

The one on Ebay seemed OK to me as a starting spot, but the 50k was a new high-water mark for a middling driver grade 2000. Trim can be found over time. I have several spare pieces of the short spears, but the long ones can be tough to find. I wonder if the recent Ebay sales are going to make cars that are more tired and missing stuff jump up to 40k - 45k? If that happens, you may regret not jumping on the Ebay car.

Mine was the only 2000 at Concorso, and it always gets gushy noises from the ladies who seem to want to fondle the leather. I don't plan to ever sell mine, but expect it will enhance my balance sheet over the next several years. Like all Alfas, the one to buy is the best one you can afford. This gets hard when so few come onto the market. There have been several over the last year, but they seem to sell for bigger and bigger money, so if you're going to jump, it might need to be the next one that gets advertised.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey, I just wanted to mention that I'm still out here looking. Has anything changed? Anyone know of one?

Thanks much!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts