Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can source a water pump for an early '58 2000 Spider?
Many thanks !
Rich

·
Push hard and live
11,092 Posts
typically you just have yours rebuilt. There are several threads discussing both US and UK shops that do the rebuilds. I understand the kits available from the normal sources are pretty expensive, but at least one poster got his water pump done in the US for quite a bit less than the price of the kit alone.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I just received a nice 2600 water pump repair kit from [email protected] for 230.00 euro plus shipping .... now I just need to find some reassembly instructions.
ha ha ...
BTW, it took two weeks to get here from Italy.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
I just received a nice 2600 water pump repair kit from [email protected] for 230.00 euro plus shipping .... now I just need to find some reassembly instructions.
ha ha ...
BTW, it took two weeks to get here from Italy.
I hope that you have better luck with your recently purchased parts than I have had with mine. The fuel tank came from Mr. Fiat with no filler neck (Duetto), the Two-Liter radiator hose from Classic Alfa is 4" too long and very skinny and the hood bumpers (buffers) from Mr. Fiat were way to small. From ReO, the key did not fit the ignition, the Nardi did not fit the hub, the wool carpet was the wrong color . Other parts purchased from Classic Alfa were 'back ordered', so the parts needed did not ship and the ones I could do without $hipped from England.
I admire anyone who has the patience and finances to restore one of these old cars. You'd think they could include a zerox copy of assembly instructions for 230 euro...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts