Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As part of restoring my 102 I came across a hulk in a local field. I am done with my car and the owner of the field was going to crush and destroy the remaining bits. For a fair price he hauled it of to me. Please see the attached pictures and let me know if anyone is interested in buying some or all. I have 4 seemingly good wheels, a top frame and other bits. Good rear quarter panels to be harvested as well. The car is in Magalia CA (100 miles north of Sacarmento).

IMG_3801.JPG
IMG_3802.JPG
IMG_3803.JPG

Attachments

·
Push hard and live
8,976 Posts
Neil,

Not sure what all is there, but don’t let anything end up in the crusher.

It’s always good to have spare suspension bits, and other easily stored parts.

Airplane is down for maintenance now, but I don’t mind flying over when it’s warmer for a stripping party.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Neil,

Not sure what all is there, but don’t let anything end up in the crusher.

It’s always good to have spare suspension bits, and other easily stored parts.

Airplane is down for maintenance now, but I don’t mind flying over when it’s warmer for a stripping party.
Sounds like a plan. Paradise airport has or is due to reopen post fire.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Neil,
I see there is a windshield frame top in the trunk. I will start on my restoration sometime next year and my car lost its frame in an early accident, so in a way I have to ask: Would you think it is feasible to ship it to Europe at a reasonable price? And: Is there more than just the top of the frame, possibly also the sides and the lower piece?
Patrick

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Patrick

Sorry for the delay in response...out of country vacation, plus this new site format does not send me an email as before.

My mechanics who restored my 102 requested that windshield top part first thing, so it is gone. I cleaned out the trunk and there are no other windshield parts. I do have 5 good wheels, a fair trunk and hood, 2 doors and some of the door internals. And a complete convertable top frame. I will take and post pictures once the weather here clears up.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Can't quite make out the VIN stamped into the fire wall, but it appears to be AR10204*00065 which would make it, according to Amico and Tabucchi a 1958. But I also see what looks to be a rear view mirror binnacle on the instrument panel shield which was only used after 1960, so either some prior owner worked a bit on this car or I got the VIN wrong. In Vancouver BC Adrian Ratchiffe (rest in peace) left a spider with good nose but rusted out floor and trunk area that could graft directly to create yet another decent two liter spider once fitted with an engine. Be kind and clarify the VIN. If pre-1960 there should also have been a plate fixed to firewall stamped with both VIN and original motor number. Have you talked to Larry Dickman at APE (Alfa Parts Exchange). I was told Tuesday they have two cars there that could be used to make a good car with each other (and probably two witth this one). APE used to call itself the fourth largest exclusively Alfa wrecking yard in the world. If so, I have no idea where the bigger ones are. All I can say is that every two liter chassis is now getting precious. Try to keep as many pieces together that you can in hopes to save yet another one..

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can't quite make out the VIN stamped into the fire wall, but it appears to be AR10204*00065 which would make it, according to Amico and Tabucchi a 1958. But I also see what looks to be a rear view mirror binnacle on the instrument panel shield which was only used after 1960, so either some prior owner worked a bit on this car or I got the VIN wrong. In Vancouver BC Adrian Ratchiffe (rest in peace) left a spider with good nose but rusted out floor and trunk area that could graft directly to create yet another decent two liter spider once fitted with an engine. Be kind and clarify the VIN. If pre-1960 there should also have been a plate fixed to firewall stamped with both VIN and original motor number. Have you talked to Larry Dickman at APE (Alfa Parts Exchange). I was told Tuesday they have two cars there that could be used to make a good car with each other (and probably two witth this one). APE used to call itself the fourth largest exclusively Alfa wrecking yard in the world. If so, I have no idea where the bigger ones are. All I can say is that every two liter chassis is now getting precious. Try to keep as many pieces together that you can in hopes to save yet another one..

Jay

This chassis is, I think, beyond repair. Best that it gives its life to help others.

looks like Chassis # is AR10204*00955
IMG_3830.JPG
IMG_3831.JPG

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Jay

This chassis is, I think, beyond repair. Best that it gives its life to help others.

looks like Chassis # is AR10204*00955 View attachment 1605973 View attachment 1605974
Well, it is with the correct number 00955 that I can now read clearly on the firewall a 1959 Two liter Alfa. That means the engine number that came with the car on delivery would be stamped on the other small plate, but I can't make it out (and I don't have an early engine block that would go with it anyway). Frankly, there are really a lot of good parts on it and I must confess that a guy came from Holland to pick up three here at my location that were complete, but not all that much better. In hopes of getting you treasure together with a couple of other bodies so another car or two can be completed I suggest you call Larry Dickman at APE (209) 365-1383. I will tell him about your post on the AlfaBB, but I don't happen to have his email. Thanks for the swift response.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts