Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Thanks for the CarJam report jonessjon, I have used up all my 3 free reports already this month, bloody annoying how access to free reports has changed :(

Aaron
Agreed the carjam reports are great - shame the government decided to stop the providing free data. How could anybody use it for criminal purposes?

I've got various gmail / yahoo / home email accounts so just registered these - No problems with carjam.

Just a thought - How about we all post the reports we get - possibly as a 'sticky', - It would eventually make a fine 'database' of NZ cars....
Does anybody know how start a sticky?

Jon

·
Registered
321 Posts
Great idea, emailing the admininstrator/moderator might be the way?, sorry I don't know who this is on this forum?

Even the free limited reports with the record/dates of WOFs/mileage were really useful when you are looking at a car and don't know the owner. Can tell you quite a lot about the way it has been used amongst other things. Amazing how many cars, incl Alfas, were listed on TradeMe with no WOF info and the CarJam reports showed failed WOF inspections.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
How many 105 GTV's are in the Hawkes Bay? Seems a bit of a breeding ground

Quite a few, although most don't come out to play very often, I've lived here for 8 years and never seen this one.
The car sold at the start of this thread was in Hamilton where I have lived for the last 20+ years and I had never seen it on the road. Mind you my one was off the road for a 7 year rest a few years back.
I will watch the action for the red GTV with interest, it looks like nice car.

PS The starter works great, thanks Hans

·
Registered
556 Posts
I think restoring a Berlina, having a spare Berlina shell sitting in my garage just so it wouldn't be thrown away and having a twin cam coffee table in my lounge qualifies me as an Alfisti and I have to save that I am enjoying driving around in my red Sprint QV a lot more than in the otherwise identical black one I had a few years ago. On the other hand I lust after a grey stepnose that someone posted a photo of in the GT pictures thread.
Good news about teh starter Dean, glad to help.

·
Registered
556 Posts
For those who are interested --The red GTV that sold last night in HB for $19,000 is a very nice car, it is better than it looked in the photo's and apart from vague steering drove very well. I was hoping no one from outside HB would come and look at it and I could get it for 16k , even so I think the buyer got a very good deal, hope he/she enjoys it and we see the car out and about a bit more often.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Well its a local car, just doing my bit to keep Alfa's in the Bay,
Looks like Wellington gets another one now.
Unfortunate for you Hans, but on the bright side it's good to see the cars are commanding reasonable prices. This helps justify my resto costs.
I just had mine painted (resale) red - good choice! (queue back pat)! Just need to find the time now..
There's also another local red one being restored that I know of so hopefully we'll get to see a few on the roads - Come on Wellington... show off your cars!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Sorry you missed out Hans, it did look like a great car. It is good to see our cars getting good prices and more than one person bidding.
When the time comes to repaint I'll still stick with LeMans blue:)
I'm off the Ellerslie for the Concours (to look) this weekend. I'll take my camera for those who can't make it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Gday guys... just joined this forum so hi all.
Currently alfa-less but have been looking around for the last few months for a 105.
I also bid on the 2000 mentioned above but unfortunately once it passed 18k I was out too :-( Ahhh well, the search continues. If anyone knows of a nice 1750 out there?

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
The red Hawkes Bay car made the Cava Beige car a steal didn`t it. Great to see them going for a more realistic price. I`ve got no intention in selling any of mine but it is nice to know they are getting good money again. Still cheap compared to the very ordinary classic cars the non-Alfisti buy though.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'm off the Ellerslie for the Concours (to look) this weekend. I'll take my camera for those who can't make it.
I'd appreciate a few underbonnet shots of any Series 2 1750 GTV's you might come across. I need to re attach everything and have very little to go on.

Have fun

Cheers

jon

·
Registered
556 Posts
The red Hawkes Bay car made the Cava Beige car a steal didn`t it. Great to see them going for a more realistic price. I`ve got no intention in selling any of mine but it is nice to know they are getting good money again. Still cheap compared to the very ordinary classic cars the non-Alfisti buy though.
I didn't see the beige car Richard but from the photos I suspect that the red car made the beige one look expensive, red car is in really good cond and unusually the photo's made it look worse than it was, the floor was largely untouched, the jacking points unmangeled, the paint really good, the engine/gearbox etc all quiet and smooth. It really needed door panels/carpets and some little adjustments to make it a great car. I think whoever bought it got a great deal.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I was away on business when this hit TradeMe but looking at the history if Michael Wyatt owned it would be a good one and last owner was in Queenstown too so can`t of been too bad in body surely - Central Otago would be THE BEST place for a `60`s or '70`s old Italian car. My son told me only $2k asking price-that can`t of been right-was it?

·
Registered
158 Posts
He got what he was asking for. The lucky buyer was for sure glad it wasn't an auction. **** you have to be quick these days.... Might have to buy a smart phone with a trademe app...

With this one and the dismantled one that sold several weeks(?) ago it sort of shows there's no perceived value in a partially restored one. Just like the Pringles chip ad says (or near enough) "Once you start you just can't stop".

Then there's the current green one at $20k.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts