Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I'm replacing the rubber mounts of my carbs, and notice that the old inlet manifold gasket is "metalic" and the new one I've bought is a normal paper one... Can I use it or should I get the other type? Where can I find one?

·
Premium Member
21,714 Posts
Should be fine. I've used both, no issues either way. I use a thin skim of Permatex on each surface. Make sure all is clean and flat, not corrosion around any water passage area.

Andrew

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Should be fine. I've used both, no issues either way. I use a thin skim of Permatex on each surface. Make sure all is clean and flat, not corrosion around any water passage area.

Andrew
Hello again Andrew, just another question regarding the gasket: (i've been working on the carbs...)
Do leave the cardboard gasket dry when smearing the sealing silicone?
Normally when i use this type of gasket, i smear a bit off a paste (normal grease mixed with some oil) just to soften the gasket to cover any imperfection on the surfaces...
What do you advise?
Thanks!

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Is the paper one you're referring to graphite coated (comes off on your fingers)? If so, install it as-is. If its just plain paper then a thin, thin, coating of permatex or similar can't hurt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts