Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I jusl looked at a rough 2000 basket case. Missing interior and windshield assembly. Doors still have amazingly good gaps but it is rusty---. sitting for decades.

Just curious about a ball park value, what to offer?

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
That is a parts car, and it is not complete... Complete parts cars are typically in the $500 to $1k range, depending on condition.

Best regards,

·
Registered
127 Posts
bruakeman,

could this be the car you looked at?
1959 Alfa Romeo 2000
seems like the owner must hold it quite dear based on the condition and asking price. Just for curiosity, how rusty is the underside?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Two liter Spider on Ebay

Car is a 60, not a 59. Starting with 1960 cars the engine number is no longer stamped on the plate attached to the firewall outside of the coil. The plate shows only the chassis number. It is European version with the double side mouldings and the side "winkers" (although it is missing the right one, and the left one looks suspiciously like the front piece from the right side of the sedan side spear put on backwards. It is proper that it Has NO center spear on the hood. That's how it came new. To totally restore would take too much, but anything is doable if enough money gets thrown at it. No telling in what condition the engine might be, but I can't believe it would not have to be torn down totally. I suspect if the car had been running it would not have been left to sit and the windshield and interior would not have been removed. The radiator shown is not the right one either (and probably would not even fit), but the floor mats (the best part) do look untorn and solid. Car must have been parked early in life. I suspect the interior was in great shape and sold. The fact that the car did not sell at the ebay offer is surprising. Maybe I am way behind the times in not realizing just how valuable these cars have become. I don't know if that makes me glad or sad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts