1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,776 Posts
Looks like a factory air car.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Really doesn't look too bad, especially if the mileage is accurate. Uncracked dash, A/C, seats need a good cleaning but not all torn up. Headliner looks decent. New clutch sitting on the floor ready to be installed. Sure, there's the rust thing, and the lack of a title....

·
Registered
46 Posts
No title and that rust under the driver's side windshield will be a tough repair. Too bad it is in the rust belt as there will be much more to address.

I wonder what a rust free one would be worth?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I see the seller relisted it after it had sold initially.
It is a decent candidate for restoration since it is a complete car, the rust isn't terrible, it was stored under cover and does not look to have been hit.
Just very overpriced! We've seen a lot worse.
Someone will have to be willing to go all in on it financially, however.
My brother who owns a small diminished value insurance company told me that bigger body shops and automotive restoration companies
have gotten more selective with restorations because they never know what they're going to find with old cars.
Hidden damage, poorly done repairs, etc make giving an owner an accurate estimate when they bid or try to quote a restoration.
They can end up losing money on projects.
They're making more money repairing all the distracted driver accidents!
As well, a good, through restoration, you're looking at about 10K or more to get it done right.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts